Twiss

A Request for help on my Corrado

Hi

Ive started to convert my corrado from using the old k jet system to use the abf engine management but I have hit so many bumps in the road I am now left with a car that has had all the engine parts removed to do with the k jet system and some of the parts fitted for the abf but because of of forces outside of my control I now do not have some important things like the abf engine loom (got an ECu from a 95 mk3 golf ) got a few other things like fuel rail, inlet manifold plus throttle body etc.

I am quite capable when it comes to the car but when it comes to converting it i seem to be lacking the confidence. so at this stage I now think holy s**t what have I started.

Should I at this stage try and continue with the abf mangement or should I look into Mega-squirt I've seen that there is a mini squirt ecu and loom but I would need help with this as I have no knowledge/confidence of how to in stall it/wire it up even after reading the help me guide on the auto tune website.

I live on the Isle of Wight and would like to know if any one can help me? maybe People who have done this conversion. I spoke to vince about 2 months ago about him plugging in the abf loom but that was before everything went tits up. if the car needs to go any where its has to go on a back of a truck.

Please help Vaughn

There's a guy on the Golf GTI forum with the username Diamond Hell - he lives on IoW and has experience with MK2 ABF conversions.

Hes quite a prolific poster on there, and is a member on here also although doesnt frequent this forum very often. He too is converting a Corrado with the abf, but I thinkhe has hit some hurdles too. He has a massive barn with a four post lift so he could be very useful. He knows his way around a car too so thats a bonus. Just dont upset him as he can have an acid tongue at times! lol

With time getting less and less is there someone on the forum that would take my k-jet engine loom and abf loom and cut out the unwanted wiring out and make abf loom to plug into my 16v corrado?

Hopefully someone can help if not I'll see if Vince at stealth racing will do it for me

Thanks Vaughn

Rubjohnny on GolfGti and clubGTI forum is very experienced at this, does a fantastic job with a very quick turnaround from what I've heard. May be worth giving him a shout.