Rumpsteak94

Another Newbie ;)

Hi Aidan, welcome to the forum. I hate to tell you but your new car has my headlights on it! Im currently trying to contact Matthew Abela to pay me for them. I know its not your fault, but I just wanted to make you aware that they are still my property. For some reason Matthew wont reply to any of my messages and is ignoring all my attempts to contact him. Do you have a mobile number you could call him on and remind him that they are my lights? If I dont get any money off him then im affraid im going to need the headlights back as I need them to go on my 2.0 16v im currently trying to sell, but cant sell until the lights are back on it!

Please dont let this issue put you off using the forum though. There are a few members from Sunderland on here who can help you with any questions you have, and they have a great knowledge that will definetly come of use to you at some point.

I might send you a PM shortly for a chat mate.

Rob.

Hi Rob, I havn't got a contact number for him, he swapped a lad who i know for a mk2 fiesta with this and i swapped my bmw for this, ive only got him on facebook, unfortunately you can't have the headlights back, what am i meant to put on to use it, its not my problem that he hasn't paid you, sorry.

i'll see if i can get a number for you though

Hi mate. Yes I realise its not your fault about the situation regarding the lights, and im not holding anything against you personally for that atall. But what I will say is that if I new I had some stolen parts on my car and found out that they belonged to someone else then I'd want to return them asap. I know it would obviously make you out of pocket by replacing them, but they belong to me and im out of pocket also! So one way or another I need some lights back on my car and these light belong to me.

What would you do in my situation, if the shoe was on the other foot?

Sorry to sound harsh, but do you know what im trying to get at?

Hope you understand what im trying to say.

Rob.

well personally i would find him and smash him up and his cars, i dont know if your 24 stone and 6ft 5 but it wouldnt happen to me, i get what u mean but im not spending money on new headlights when ive been made redundant and have no money what so ever to buy any. i know what u mean though but that is between u and him to sort out, was there any proof of sale?

Hi mate, yeah im still planning on catching up with him sometime if nothing gets resolved! Ive got an invoice that I sent him on the 13th of this month regarding payment, and also got the postage reciept with tracking number and details of package contents. Ive also kept a record of all the messages ive sent him through the forum, facebook and by phone. The lights were sent to him on 7/9/12 to his work address, and ive sent a copy of the invoice to his home and work address also.

If you are friends with him on Facebook then would you mind contacting him and seeing what he has to say maybe?

He was meant to swap me a pair of inpro headlights for my standard lights, and when he recieved mine he was going to fit them and send his lights straight back to me, but nothing turned up, so thats why ive tryed to chase him up, and send the invoice for payment.

Mate I dont want you to feel like a twat, like I said before I know its not your fault that this situation happened, but unfortunatly you owning this car now make it both our problems in a way. Still more of a problem for me than you though! And if you can help in any way to contact him and see what he has to say then that would be a bonus.

Its nothing personal, and im sure you are a tidy bloke.

I'll look forward to seeing what plans you have for the car, make sure you start a build thread when you get the chance.

Cheers. Rob.

Man im shocked he gave his number. Im just putting the kids to bed so will try and call/text him shortly. Hopefully get something sorted?? I just hope thats not the mobile number he gave me before, as that number said no longer in use!

Thanks for that buddy.

This number appears to be the right one: 07891898750. No reply yet, I will let you know if I hear back from him!

Anyway whats plans for the corrado, what work does it need? Got any big plans?

Rob. :)

Just off leechmere road near grqngetown where bouts u?

I have an early one u can borrow till u get a repair kit if u like

im just at thorney close, next to thorny close primary on torquay road ha, about 10 mins away.

i'll see when the lad Dave says on here can repair it, i'll let you know,

cheers Chris

No worries buddy if you want to just get the kit I could give you a hand if you like.

I used to live in Plainsy so was even closer lol

ive emailed the lad on here, Dave a think it is who supplies them so when i get one i'll give you a shout and see if we can break it a mean fix it ;) haha

typical, ya might know me brother, or brothers, red MK2 golf gti lived on Kayll Road? and a silver G60 on porsche alloys and stuff, got it off the lad in town end farm with them on the drive and stuff :D