NWB.Automotive

Newbie saying Hi from Worcester

Hi, Im Nick, currently living nr Worcester and I bought my first Corrado the other week. Iv owned a Few Mk2 golfs, a couple of Mk1s and a Mk1 cabby amongst other V-dubs, always fancied a Corrado and when a local 8v with shot paint but excellent mechanicals popped up for £500 I couldn't resist!

My only real complaint with the car is the gear shifter, its about half a mile between gears and calling it a bowl of porridge would be complimentary, Iv spotted a guy on here who builds up short shifters so thats on the immediately to do list along with a few other jobs.

Only got a few pics of it so far but Ill stick them up anyway:

Pic from the advert really not showing how bad the paint is:

corrado-1.png

Home and now you can see the many shades of red, bad lacquer peal on the drivers door:

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

Has budget FK collies that really arn't as bad as I expected and some sort of cat back exhaust aswell.

Sort of dry working area also had half hour so drilled the air box:

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

Each holes worth 5bhp don't you know:smug::

IMAG0385.jpg

The standard seat was pretty shot, two hard lumps would jab you in the kidneys so Im fitting these Rover Recaros, double lumber suport and a very fitting style for this car and only £50 for a pair on ebay! Bit scruffy but thats in keeping with the car and Im normally oily and dirty so better suited for me. Had to chop down the seat mounts so they where as low as they could go but forgot to take pics, I will for the passenger seat though.

IMAG0402.jpg

And so far thats where Iv got, I did ditch the breather system for a catch tank and set the ignition timing and CO and with the airbox it now sounds nicer and seems to pull much better uptop though thats mostly due to the lean running and timing being out when I got it.

Next plan is do 280mm brakes, solid front engine mount and refurbish or replace the rear brakes (came with brand new rear pagid discs and pads in the boot) oh and get a short shift sorted!

Hey man looking good! Love them seats :) are they a pain to fit?

I recently got a short shifter from daves16v and couldn't believe the difference it made! Think there's a waiting list now tho.

Ben

Thanks guys,

Yea the seats where a PITA to fit and I even started with some Recaro seat frames for a golf mk2, just they where completely the wrong fitments for the seats! I just chopped and welded till I was happy.