P3rks

Teeves 20 ABS System (Late Mk3 Golf)

Teeves 20 ABS system from a 1997 MK3 Golf VR6

This is a modern style ABS system which was fitted to the late MK3 Golfs. It doesn't use a rear bias valve, the ECU is built into the pump, it doesn't need a pedal position sensor and the master cylinder is aluminium, self bleeding and hugely available (brilliant, especially since the corrado VR6 one is obsolete). As a result it's a much more compact system compared to the Corrado's and it's much more responsive and reliable. Corrado users who have fitted this have said it produces a much better feel to the brake pedal and eliminates that spongy feel!

Also, the Teeves 20 system can be bled using VAGCOM.. If anyone who's bled a VR6 before will know how much of a god send this will be.

The reason I bought this is because I renewed all of my original VR6 brake pipes, calipers, pads, discs etc and was massively disappointed in the result because it didn't feel any better and was still spongy. About a month later I bought a late Mk3 Golf VR6 to break and the brakes on it had such a nice pedal feel - the feel was like night and day compared to my Corrado. I then researched into the system and found it'll fit. I've had this sat for 6 months ready but in all honesty because my current system is brand new it's not a priority to fit it until next summer. So maybe someone can put it to better use rather than rotting away in my cellar.

This is the correct kit needed to fit to a Corrado. The system was taken from a 1997 Golf VR6 and was tested fully working before removal. If you notice the Mk3 Golf Servo (RH servo in picture) has a different fitting compared to the Corrado's (different spacing for the servo bolts and ball type fitting to the pedal). After some research and a LOT of searching I have sourced a servo from a very late B4 Passat which has the same Teeves 20 ABS system but also has exactly the same servo fitting as a Corrado.

Included in the sale is:

ABS Pump/ECU

Wiring Loom

Master Cylinder/reservoir

Mk3 Golf Servo

Passat Servo

The last Golf Mk3 ABS system sold on here for £60 but considering mine has the correct servo (try finding another!) I want £100 which is more than it owes me.

Sorry for the pwarp iPhone photo:

D77A0AFF-FACF-46E8-BE36-E938157A85D8-7900-00000478DE21BD17.jpg

This is located in Sheffield for collection but I am willing to post.

Thanks!:thumbleft:

Edited by P3rks

Pretty sure the sensor looms are there. Hold on, I'll go check.

Edit: I have all the looms up to the sensors - the picture is just crap and misleading! :bonk:

To confirm; front sensors are not supplied as they were seized in. But this loom plugs directly into your original front sensors which are identical.

I have the rear sensors included in the sale.

Edited by P3rks

If it doesn't use the rear bias valve does that mean new rear lines are needed or can the valve just be wedged open (or shut)?

If it doesn't use the rear bias valve does that mean new rear lines are needed or can the valve just be wedged open (or shut)?

New brake lines are needed really. Effectively it's two long brake lines from the ABS pump to the rear brakes.

I wouldn't leave the bias valve in place and wedge it open. The beauty about this system is that it removes the crappy bias valve which is just another thing to go wrong or trap air etc. The Teeves 20 system controls the rear bias through it's pump and ECU unit. It's faster and more accurate.

Bump, still here.

I've also included the rear sensors now. so this is a full kit, ready to fit.

IMG_8089.jpg