Lhotte

Electrics being creepy!!

OK so been having some *slight* issues with the electric's in my KR...

They seem to just be doing what they want. Started when I took the key out the ignition and the heaters were still blowing hot air... which I thought was strange but it didnt happen again so thought it as just a one off.

Then I went to the petrol station the other day. Left my lights on and locked the car through the fob (Clifford which locks and immobilises etc) and when I was walking back the wipers were still going, I had to make sure I had the key in my hand, which I did. Then later the same day I came off the a38 in Burton and stopped and some traffic lights, looking in my rear view and the spoiler was still up... normally it would have gone down by then. Immediately I thought the spoiler had finally given in, been hasnt done the same since.

It doesnt ALWAYS do this but I cant work out why sometimes they just arent normal?

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Lhotte x

I'm going to take a guess at the spoiler being a faulty relay or sticky mechanism and the other issues being a dodgy ignition barrel. That's a pure guess though.

I just replaced the loom going to the instrument cluster as 3-4 of the wire were burnt out and crossed including the earth! I had few strange thing happening because of this! Pull out the dials and check the wiring quite quick to do plus all the problems your having are routed through the dials.

---------- Post added at 8:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:35 AM ----------

Second thought the wipers are not connected, but. A Bad earth can do all sorts of magical things.

There is an earth point behind the right hand drivers vent on the dash, clean that up and see what happens.