sancho

16v Vs VR6

Good luck. In all seriousness might be tempted to sell mine if your looking. I see your in brum I only live in Redditch. My next project has been spotted to save from the scrap heap. I have a thread build for it from respray upwards including engine rebuild and timing chain etc. wheels suspension and leather. If you want to come and have a look pm me and we can sort something.

Think this is my link

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?70553-Jim-build-thread[/url]

Edited by Human Joist

None of these cars is going to give you trouble free motoring,too old, but from years of following owners I can say the fuel and ignition system on the 2.0 16v is horrible, hard to diagnose and not very efficient, they do drive quite well when right though.

The vr6 has a more modern electronic system, which is why the fuel economy isn't far off even being nearly 3 litres. The vr6 engine and a number of other chassis differences do make the cars quite different, I'd try to drive good examples of both though as it's not just about straight line grunt in the corrado, each type is a great driver's car when properly maintained.

Reply to Human Joist - i forgot to click the reply with quote lol

Hello mate

Another rado in the ditch i didnt know about!! :D

Only a couple of weeks ago i found out that an old school friend has a green storm & is on here too, bishbosh1

Ive not seen your flash red around but it would be good to have a look

drop me a mail if you like & maybe we could all have a little meet ;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:44 AM ----------

Do not buy the looms from e-bay !

Get them from KUR2Y on here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?41616-Uprated-Headlight-looms-for-2012

i can vouch for the superb quality & amazing improvement KUR2Y's loom provides & highly recommend them!!

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

You can get 35mpg out of a VR6 if you drive carefully. Trouble is they're so much fun it's almost impossible to resist the temptation :D (one reason I'm adding cruise control...)

I average 27, best ever was 36 on a long careful motorway drive and worst is around 18 :oops:

I vote VR6, obviously ;) Pretty much bought my car on the strength of the exhaust note and the endless 2nd gear!

G60 gets my vote, but not as a daily driver :) Faster, and more torquey than the 16vs, much lighter and chuckable than the VR6s. But, don't like high mileage (having said that, I had my second G60 for 70k miles, and it only needed basic maintenance, I never even needed to replace the Bosch plugs in all that time :)