Byrd

Water Temp Gauge- 93 Vr6

Hi, My water temp gauge has packed up, and I have sent it to VDO who say they cannot fix it...........Has anyone got a good used one they could sell me. I would ideally like just the water, Fuel gauge cluster not the whole speedo- rev counter arrangement. My C has been in the workshop since April for an extended Engine, Cooling System rebuild and this is the last thing (HOPEFULLY) that i require in order to get her back on the road........................goign F^&%^& crazy here....

Thanks,

Jason

EDIT if there is a complete 93 vr6 cluster out there that could be posted, that would be great!!!

Edited by Byrd

I have just bought a clock pod myself as my DDI dials have packed up but I don't have the old faces to put it back to standard so I bought some donor clocks to pilfer from.

They should arrive this week and so I'll check they work first but if all is good then I'd sell you the clock pod minus the gauge faces and bulbs for £20 delivered?

---------- Post added at 8:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:06 PM ----------

Btw mine is a 93 but a facelift car, the dials have the red needles. Also when I say "delivered" I mean within mainland Uk

Cheers

Ron

Yip, Fingers crossed! Let me know when you have tested thanks, See on your signature you have the 17" TT Comps on your C.............Got the same on my Vr, have refurbished them in a more OE style- they are now sprayed silver as per the original speedlines as opposed to being polished,was worried at first if it was the right thing to do..........But it is SPOT ON- By far the ultimate wheel on a corrado!!! ( wait for a comment from the BBS brigade!!!!)

Yep me too, mine are OE silver too. The polished rims are cool but a bit gangsta and also a maintenance nightmare.

What aspect ration tyres do you have? Mine has stretched tyres, 195x40 and they ride like crap...looking to change to 205 width soon.

Clocks did not turn up today but due any time now and hoping it will be Monday. Will be in touch as soon as.

Ron

Yeah I have the 205's and they still look a bit stretched!!!! With a 40mm drop there is no rubbing which is why I haven't gone to the TT's 225 with a bit more rubber wall........apparently they rub if the cars slightly lowered. seen a few current polo's around town with these wheels on and they suit that shape too.....one was white with white rims....looked great!!!!

Ok, let me know once you have tested the gauge.........holding thumbs!!!!

Clocks did not turn up today but due any time now and hoping it will be Monday. Will be in touch as soon as.

Ron

Any luck with those clocks turning up Ron? regds, Jason

Yep it arrived today and looks to be in good nick but without plugging it in and giving the car a good run to test I can't bee 100% yet. Will be able to test on sat and if ok, could post to you on Monday?

Hi Jason,

I tested it and it works but I am getting a different reading between this one and my existing one and so I'm not sure what is wrong (my clocks sit at 75c when warm, these sit below 70c and may well be buggered). It is only out by a bit but I have some other problems in that it looks like either my thermostat or my yellow temp sender is buggered (by the way did you check yellow sender first as that sends the signal to the gauge?

So basically I need to hold only this set of extra clocks for a but longer until I can get this problem solved as it allows me to have a comparison to test against. I plan to get this fixed soon but it cloud be 2-3 weeks yet.

Sorry it isn't better news

Cheers

Ron

Ok Ron, thanks for coming back, good luck with getting it sorted...............

Anyone else out there who's got one they could sell me?