Sign in to follow this  
fry

electric mirrors

my electric mirrors stopped working on the day i bought my car (two years ago!!) its starting to get to me now and I want to sort it. I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine and I pulled the door card off to see whats going on behind there with the adjuster and it all looked ok (i think).

Anyone been in a similar situation ? or got and idea what I should check yet?

cheers

Could just be a duff switch unit. Mine was tempremental at best (sometimes worked, sometimes didn't).

Then some disease ridden pile of filth rammed the side of my car ripping the mirror off. The switch didn't work at all after the new mirror went on, but I was able to pick up a switch unit from a scrappy for not very much and that's sorted it.

Not sure how feasible it is, but you could try taking the adjustor switch apart and checking the contacts inside it :?:

DtM.

Mine was the same, they didnt work when i bought the car but i always fiddled about wi the switch, when i was waiting in traffic and the like, then one day they just started working, bloody noisy like. But now its really weird when i press the button up the mirror goes down and to the left wen i press it down it goes off in random directions. Explain that one guys?? :lol: