Greatraz12

Home Done!

So would i, as planning on doing this myself:shrug:

There was a guy who sprayed his corrado black & his thread was really good but for the life of me i can't remember who it was.:scratch:

Good luck to you matey. Don't be shy with the progress. go a little way to go before i start thinking about doing mine.

What type of paint are you using & whats your setup if you don't mind me asking (you might give me some ideas).

Change of plan dude, car not having new paint as everone is saying there nothing wrong with my paint. The reason why i was going to respray was because i had took some door strips off my polo 6n and pulled some lacquer off and could not be bothered with sorting it out and not making it look right. So i have bought some lacquer and some wet and dry grit 1000 and sanded lacuqer down to paint and going to heat the paint up and lacquer it. What we think to this idea ??? Thanks.

That sounds alot easier than a respray but still no walk in the park. Good luck to you mate:-)

That sounds alot easier than a respray but still no walk in the park. Good luck to you mate:-)

Thanks pal :) I will update on when it is done.

Actually just a quick one, so if i do sand it back to the lacquer where it is needed and i re lacquer and t cut after, i not looking for show room finish but will this be an alright job ? Thanks dudes and remember your better than polo forum ;) haha

Yes if you take your time. Had to do this with the bonnet on mine when i had laquer peel. As long as your feather the edges of the laquer you'll be fine. Otherwise it'll be visible under the fresh laquer - like mine :oops: however with mine it was quite bad laquer peel and i was sanding the paint too so decided not to thin the paint more and go with what i had. Which is better than laquer peel.

Yes if you take your time. Had to do this with the bonnet on mine when i had laquer peel. As long as your feather the edges of the laquer you'll be fine. Otherwise it'll be visible under the fresh laquer - like mine :oops: however with mine it was quite bad laquer peel and i was sanding the paint too so decided not to thin the paint more and go with what i had. Which is better than laquer peel.

when feathering out do you mean by t cutting ? thanks guys god i love this forum :D

No use some wet and dry to soften the edges of the laquer, where the laquer ends and paint starts. If that makes sense.

Sand the edge of the laquer to reduce the step between the paint and laquer.

It all depends on how bad the lacquer damage & how big the area is I think. Look up feathering, as it essentially what your doing without the respraying. YouTube has a lot of info if you haven't tried that yet. Visit a body shop as well, they will give you good advice & let you know if you have the right lacquer.

It all depends on how bad the lacquer damage & how big the area is I think. Look up feathering, as it essentially what your doing without the respraying. YouTube has a lot of info if you haven't tried that yet. Visit a body shop as well, they will give you good advice & let you know if you have the right lacquer.

Right the lacquer is on but cant see the shine from the black underneath it whats next after dried? Thanks everyone.

Try polish with a bit of baby oil in it (80%polish 20%baby oil) havent tryied it my self but it's ment to give it a nice shine. worth try before going down any aprasive routes.

how many layer of Lacquer did you apply??

i would have thought 4 decent coats should be enough. but if it doesn't look right.............:rolleyes:

So ive sorayed it 4 coats now so will let drive over night and then polish tomorrow on my day off ? this correct?... sorry for not being very good at this stuff lol

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

sorry i not with it tonight this last post should say, so i have sprayed 4 coats so will let it dry over night and then polish tomorrow on my day off... is this correct??? not very good at this stuff. lol

With the weather being so cold at the moment i would imagine it'll need longer to dry mate. You want to be 100% sure that the lacquer has cured otherwise you have to start from scratch. I personally would leave it for a few days just to be sure. You can judge it for yourself though, just don't jump in & ruin all your hard work. Don't forget the pics:thumbleft:

With the weather being so cold at the moment i would imagine it'll need longer to dry mate. You want to be 100% sure that the lacquer has cured otherwise you have to start from scratch. I personally would leave it for a few days just to be sure. You can judge it for yourself though, just don't jump in & ruin all your hard work. Don't forget the pics:thumbleft:

Will do, also when u say pictures you mean of the work that has failed ;)

Lol, Lifes all about giving it a go.......once in a while you'll surprise yourself. lets hope this is one of those times.