Jim

[For Sale] Kindle Fire 8GB Tablet

Recently acquired this when on special offer at PC World as a taster for a tablet and decided I like them enough that I want to move up to something more powerful. I've only had it a few weeks so it's in immaculate condition, comes with the box and original charging / sync cable which is unused.

RRP now is £129 (I think), I paid £99... yours for £90 + postage! Pre-owned ones are going for over £100 on eBay so this is a fair price!

Cheers.

I quite like the Nexus 7, the back is slightly rubberised and you can actually grip the thing, I struggle with an iPad as it simply slips through your hands without a bulky extra cover added. Have you tried the latest 7" galaxy tab? similar price/performance to the Nexus 7.

Are you using these as a 'take it around with you' tablet Jim?

I reckon the iPad mini (although expensive compared to some of the good higher powered Android alternatives) will take a fair few full-size iPad sales, being able to hold the thing in one hand, put it in a (large) pocket, yet still having the screen size and resolution to see a fair amount of content is definitely a sweet spot. It's taken a while for the screens to get there though, I have a 7" galaxy tab 1 here and the screen is absolutely shocking, amazing how fast they've changed.

It's not really for taking around or doing any serious work on.. it's for when I don't need to fire up the main PC at home, for watching Netflix on, for plugging into the stereo and using Spotify, etc etc :)

We recently bought a Nexus - absolutely superb tablet. Lack of expandable memory was a downside but I bought an micro usb adaptor for a £1 on e-bay and can now connect to a flash drive if I need more memory - may be useful for taking several films, TV series etc on holiday. Otherwise the supplied 32gb seems adequate - I have a few videos, 1000 songs and about 100 apps and only using half of the memory. If I need internet and no wi-fi I can tether to a sim card in a mi-fi or phone. Not too big , not too small and a very good price!