4DUST

VR6 12v Reground Crankshaft *REDUCED to £60*

VR6 12v Reground and hot tanked crankshaft. All journals are in excellent condition. The big ends are now .25 undersize so need .25 oversize bearing shells to accommodate. The main bearings have been micro polished and did not need grinding. The crank was professionally balanced along with the rest of the engine by Bassett Down nr Swindon a couple of years back.

The crank has only covered around 200 miles or so since its regrind. My piston rings let go so I am stripping the good bits off the engine to pay for the new!

Heavy crankshaft so collection from Bath, Somerset much prefered or £20 for delivery. I can also weigh it wrap it and help with your own courier if needed.

Wanting £60(reduced) for the crank which is a bargin price.

Thanks, Will

[email protected]

Edited by 4DUST

Hi will, does this give any gains from being re ground.

Does it just make it lighter or is this done to create a striker engine and increase the capacity.

Edited by captainredeye

Hi, the crank was balanced a few years ago so is smoother at higher revs. The crank has had the big end journals re-ground and main journals polished to create a fresh as new bearing surface. There are no power gains and this is not a stroked crank.

Thanks

I'm not trying to interfere with your sale, but having a crankshaft balanced by itself is meaningless. The crankshaft has to be balanced together with the pistons (with rings, pins & circlips), conrods (with shells), flywheel, clutch cover and the front pulley. Once all these components are then put back into the engine, it will then be a balanced engine.

Putting a balanced crank into an engine without having the above components balanced with it, is a bit like balancing a wheel and putting on the tyre afterwards!!

Like I said, good luck with the sale.

Edited by DriverVR6

Thanks for your info however what ever the buyer chooses to do with the crank is up to them. I also know about engine balancing. I am simply stating the details of the item for sale. I am not selling a balanced engine nor offering any service just a balanced reground crankshaft from my own highly tuned engine. The more balanced the individual components are in an engine the better in my book. If someone's big ends have gone then this is a great way cheap way to fix the problem without involving engineers etc.

Like I said, thanks for your input.

Edited by 4DUST