maff

2.9 6 branch stainless manifold

I think i've caught a bit of a tuning bug with my third corrado vr6!, anyhow a good friend of mine is in process of finishing his mk1 golf vr6 convertible and he has purchased a stainless 6 branch manifold which will not fit his car.

So he's offered it to me for a bargain price but will this fit my 2.9 corrado? i'm thinking im gonna have trouble as it says on the ebay ad its for a 2.8 golf, i take it the headers would mate up to the head but would i have trouble mating the cat up?

Anybody got one of these fitted?

Cheers, £65? I've got to make it fit havn't i! And do i need to heat wrap it all, or not?

I haven't wrapped mine, as I use my car daily and don't have any problems. But if you intend to use your car as a track car, then wrap it.

Ok, it wont be my daily drive and ive no real plans to do a track day, (would love to do one one day though) and i cant say ive ever wrapped an exhaust before and it looks like a bit of a fiddle tbh, also was thinking as the 2.9's run quite hot will this exhaust increase the underbonnet temps with normal driving? would definatly look better unwrapped though

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

How different did your vr feel with manifold fitted dude vr6? does it help with the power much? I'm planning a few mods to mine, hopefully some 263 schimmels and the 6 branch would work well together, I already have a Bmc fitted.

I would wrap it mate.... its not too bad a job just give yourself plenty of time..... also its a fair job fitting it so you dont want to be taking it off again to wrap it if needed do you?

Dude, you should know better!! :lol:

lol if you can p155, you can wrap an exhaust, its deffinalty worth doing to keep the heat down regardless of the cars use,

my mk2 golf had a 4into1 joby fitted by the previous owner and i recently swapped it back to stock becuase it hit the tunnel and vibrated the car on idle, it was an absolute pig of a job! would of been easier to have removed the engine but would of taken longer, this was on a 2.0 16v ABF i can imagine the vr6 being even tighter though,

Well apparantly this manifold wont fit my corrado vr6 as my mate has just emailed the guy on ebay, and it does state for a golf vr6? but surely it will, gonna have a measure up tomorrow BEFORE stripping anything, wrapping is a good idea you guys are right

Well apparantly this manifold wont fit my corrado vr6 as my mate has just emailed the guy on ebay, and it does state for a golf vr6? but surely it will, gonna have a measure up tomorrow BEFORE stripping anything, wrapping is a good idea you guys are right

golf mk3 vr6 and corrado vr6 are using same manifold so it will fit.

When I fitted mine, I also had 263 cams and a re-map done at the same time, so yes it did make a difference. Vag-Hag I do know better, never needed to wrap an exhaust, even on all the race cars I've ever built, and I've built quite a few. Like I said, unless your going to use the car as a serious track day car, then you don't need to wrap it. The original cast exhaust produces just as much heat as the 6 branch, but unlike a stainless steel exhaust, it retains the heat for longer after the engine is switched off. As long as you re- fit the heat shield, you won't notice a difference.

Vag-Hag I do know better, never needed to wrap an exhaust, even on all the race cars I've ever built, and I've built quite a few.

Fight fight- come on we need some action round here !! :D

You don't need to heat wrap it, but I would just to get the temperatures in the engine bay down.

But make sure you do it properly and don't leave any area's without it - You'll cause heat spots where all the heat is released in a small area and cause premature failure. Either do it properly or not at all.

so Wendy.... as the ref are you open to bribes?? ;)

Just you wait till I see you, I`m going to give you such a hidiing