Jon_vr6

Heated rear window switch bulb size?

Something ive been meaning to do for a while now, the ring when you press the the heated rear window switch doesnt light up so i need to replace the bulb anyone know the correct one i need and where to order from?

Thanks

Jon

I swapped mine to a red led when I changed the rest of the switch gear. IIRC is was a really small bulb, the likes of which I haven't seen in places like Maplin etc. You may be better off sourcing one from a scrappy tbh :)

I swapped mine to a red led when I changed the rest of the switch gear. IIRC is was a really small bulb, the likes of which I haven't seen in places like Maplin etc. You may be better off sourcing one from a scrappy tbh :)

when you did your switches, what LED's did you use, and how easy was it to change them ?

Is there anything that could stop the bulb (light up ring) from lighting, other than the bulb gone? Mine doesn't light, bought a switch off someone on here a while back, and that doesn't light either. The element definately demists once you get the switch in the right position.

when you did your switches, what LED's did you use, and how easy was it to change them ?

It was a while ago - I got the leds from Maplin. The fogs/heated screen buttons were ok to do, the headlight switch was a pita as was the mirror and window buttons and the sunroof switch was an utter **** to do. I gave up on the sunroof switch and got one from a '99(?) Seat Toledo that is red from the factory.

I'll see if I can dig out the old invoice for the leds etc.