OllieVR6

New Top Gear! 27th Jan

Looks like they might have it back , im not a hater but the last season was a bit of a drama , more acting than a car program

That trailor does look good tho clarkson always makes me laugh

Looks like they might have it back , im not a hater but the last season was a bit of a drama , more acting than a car program

That trailor does look good tho clarkson always makes me laugh

I'm slightly worried it's going to be more of the same, but then I didn't think the last series was too bad - and lets be honest, what else is there on TV these days? So even if it's completely scripted guff there will always be a few gems in there somewhere :) And there looks to be at least one big international roadtrip again which I always enjoy!

And there looks to be at least one big international roadtrip again which I always enjoy!

I'm hoping that will be the first show, the 'Christmas Special' just a few weeks over due.

I'm hoping that will be the first show, the 'Christmas Special' just a few weeks over due.

Doesn't appear it will be... according to Radio Times:

1/7 - New series. The motoring magazine returns. Jeremy Clarkson attempts to build a car that is even smaller than the Peel P50 and then tests it out on the streets of London before pitching his concept in the Dragons' Den. James May puts the Bentley Continental GT Speed through its paces by taking it on a rally stage, while Richard Hammond drives the new Pagani Huayra hypercar before handing it over to the Stig. Actor Damian Lewis is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

looked so so to me, the plane part was similar to the exige and helicopter and the tank previous and the rest should be ok i guess,its always funny regardless .I sometimes wish theyd have more fun in down to earth cars aswell.

Rugby match looked quality though.

The best bit about the trailor was the little joke at the where the young girl is "polishing the stigs helmut" :lol: :rofl:

I'm hoping they've pulled their socks up a bit too - last couple of series have been a bit 'meh'... we shall see.

I do enjoy Top Gear US - but even they've started to feel a little scripted. There was an episode just before Christmas where they had 3 tractors and had to do challenges, drive it through a town... sound familiar? Was almost identical to the UK version from a couple of years ago.

I'd love a cross-over episode where the UK & US boys meet, though.. THAT would be good..

Fifth Gear (currently on Discovery) have stepped up a bit. It's now a lot better at their reviews, if albeit a little predictable (Tiff does power slide, Plato moans, Jonny sent to some random bloke in a shed, TBH squeals and seems to get worse at driving each episode).

I reckon give my mate Rebecca Jackson a go.. She'd perk the team back up!

[video=youtube;A57-UL5OMoA]

She's a racer too: http://www.rebeccaracer.com/

Just my 2p!