timthetinyhorse

Spark Plugs

Hi,

Whilst thinking about new HT leads iv also decided to do the spark plugs as im not sure when they were last done.

Whats people opinions on denso plugs vs NGK and are there any other brands/types i should be looking at.

Car is a 93 VR6 with 140k

Cheers

Or NGK BKR5E. Even cheaper!

Hah, I have just realised I completely contradicted myself :)

Amazingly, the price for these has come down by about 30% in the past year since I last bought a set. They were never expensive and are perfect for the VR6.

Best wishes

RB

I've got those 4 electrode NGK ones and there good but plug leads are murder, I've got at the moment Bosch ones, well made but just don't fit properly and come loose, Cambiare ones, all round useless, MegaLeads which are good but had wrong ends fitted and even when put old ends on from the old VW ones still not fitting well, as well as some Lucas ones had lying around which don't fit properly.

I'm now after a set of proper original ones which are labelled VW then Bremi on mine (I'm told Bremi and Beru are same company) but can't find any advertised and I'm now bit dubious of people who say can get correct VW ones after all hassle so far.

Tell me if you've find any good leads that fit properly, ideally Bremi's as originally fitted.

Never known a engine that's so hard to fit leads and keep fitted. Yes I've got the proper tool as well as another to remove plugs etc.