Hofmiester

Question about KW v1 spring platforms?

Hi all,

I have KW v1s (inox) on my Vr6 and last weekend we tried to raise the suspension a touch. The front was easy enough but the rears are stuck tight and no amount of WD40 wants to shift them.

The spring platforms are plastic with plastic thread and so we can't apply heat to them. The guys at MB motorsport have said that they can be more brutal but there is a risk of breaking them and so they think it better to have 2 spare platforms on standby.

My question is, are the rear platforms the same as the front? I already have a spare front one and so I could just buy one more but if they are different then I have to buy two new rears.

Cheers

Ron

Yep common problem on most rear coilovers. You'll have to dismantle the strut and cut the old spring perch off. I used to buy mine from KW direct and were about £15 each IIRC.

Have you removed the grub screw first?

Yes........

---------- Post added at 8:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:42 PM ----------

Yep common problem on most rear coilovers. You'll have to dismantle the strut and cut the old spring perch off. I used to buy mine from KW direct and were about £15 each IIRC.

Bugger, I may have to live with it for now!