blueskev

Newbie from Kent

Hi folks,

Ive been looking around for something to replace my recently sold MX5 and Ive always really liked the Corrado. Im interested in a standard 1.8 16v but haven't seen anything remotely local yet. There is a nice looking one for sale in Dudley in a lovely dark blue (Im fussy about colour!) but realistically with home and work commitments there is no way I can get to look at it. So, I'm just going to have to be patient....

When looking at a potential purchase, is there anything in particular to check for? Any rust traps? Sorry if this info is already on the site, Im still finding my way around.

Cheers,

Kev.

Does anyone on here know this car: (I assume its ok to post links on here?)

http://www.adtrader.co.uk/west-midlands/west-midlands/dudley/cars/cars-under-1500/volkswagen-corrado-1-8-16v-3dr-full-leather-1991-h-reg/ecdfdee363a04b65846513eb058e5376?keywords=corrado

Im not sure about the wheels because Im looking for a standard car, but i love the colour and it looks pretty tidy?

Cheers,

Kev

Firstly, don''t be put off by the aftermarket alloys as you can always change them over relatively cheaply.

It's hard to gauge whether it's worth a punt from the pictures but the leather seats look in good nick considering the mileage. Mechanically it's the same engine and front end as a Mk2 Golf so that mitigates some risk, but don't lose sight of the fact it is over 20 years old with high miles so could be a money pit in the short term as things need changing.