robo22sri

ODB1 lambda

As title, i am after a working odb1 lambda sensor

I think mine is dead after been over fueling because off open stat

WHY?

cheers Rob

You definitely sure its the lambda? From experience it is rarely the lambda and more frequently the MAF. Try unplugging the MAF whilst its up to full running temperature and see if the engine note changes

Yea, get it up to running temperature, and simply unplug the maf, no need to remove it just simply unplug and see what happens. What usually happens is that the maf screws up and sends the fueling crazy, the lambda then attempts to control it as necessary,which sends it over the regulation limits and the car then thinks the lambda is at fault so up pops the error code.

Just getting 180 miles on a tank! :(

Lucky You just filled my one after 150 miles :(

I would imagine Rado. But when my MPG drops I usually look towards the MAF, the later 4 pin MAF's are pretty cheap but you could always try clean them up with carb cleaner. My rado was getting 220miles to £60 before I took it off the road, it was getting more when I was driving it like an old man!

Yeah my rado was getting way more than my golf!

If i drive the golf hard the petrol is gone quick if i drive it sensible its still the same :(

Whats it like setting off from a standstill? do you find you have to lift the revs a little, is it stalling at all when you dip the clutch or slow down?

I'd start with MAF, very simple test and starts you in the right direction, I think I've probably got an OBD1 lambda sensor I could sell but like I said, I highly doubt its the lambda sensor. Is your golf OBD1 or 2? and is it plastic 4 pin MAF housing?

It's an odb1 bud, it's a 2.9 rado lump that been put in it

It runs rich, you smell it out the back.

I don't drive the car often but want to sort it out, it's a bit annoying lol

Maybe wasn't very clear, all you need to do is unplug it and it should change engine note straight away without driving it, it should start to struggle only for a few seconds if that.

If I disconnect the the MAF it didn't make any difference

If I tried to give it some throttle on idle with the MAF disconnected it mis fired