vr6turbo

Wossner 3L Forged pistons

Hi for sale I have my wossner forged high compression pistons these are 11.1 standard compression is 10.1 these pistons have done 10,000 miles and have been removed as i am now fitting a turbo so have bought low compression ones to suit. These pistons also come with standard vr6 rods and brand new Vw big end bearings. With these pistons and cams,six branch and gas flowed head I made 239bhp so are well worth buying if your a naturally aspirated enthusiast.

Price: £400 these are fortunes new

Postage: free

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

If you want photos I can txt you them

Are these drop in or do they need the block to be re-bored?

2.8 - 81,5mm

2.9 - 92.5mm

3.0 - 83.5mm

You need to bore your block

I am kind of tempted but the problem is that this kind of job is not something you can get done at the garage down the road.

Where did you get your original block bored to take these pistons?

Am I right in thinking that the cost (in addition to these pistons) would be the boring out of the Block plus relevant parts to rebuild the engine?

Just wondering what the total bill could be?

Just wondering what the total bill could be?

to bore engine is about 60-80 quid for a bore so x6 is a lot. You might find it cheaper but it was the prices when I was looking around. All new parts + labor to fit it + I'd reckon it will be around 1,5k+ including mentioned pistons.

to bore engine is about 60-80 quid for a bore so x6 is a lot. You might find it cheaper but it was the prices when I was looking around. All new parts + labor to fit it + I'd reckon it will be around 1,5k+ including mentioned pistons.

Hi can get full block bored out for £180 where I live could supply as a complete short block for £750 all you will need is a head.

Hi can get full block bored out for £180 where I live could supply as a complete short block for £750 all you will need is a head.

Whoever is looking at this, just buy it, its very good price, it cost me much more to rebore mine + assembly labor.

Wouldn't the pistons have to be re-ringed to match the rebored and honed block? Otherwise you'd need shares in an oil company?

Whoever is looking at this, just buy it, its very good price, it cost me much more to rebore mine + assembly labor.

I've sent the OP a pm to find out more about this, I'm keen as long as its a decent job.

Top quality job if something is worth doing its worth doing right in my eyes if you want I can just give you the bored out block and parts and you can build your self for peice of mind?

Hi, so while I know I am probably going to kill myself for not taking you up on it later. I think at this stage it is not a good time for me, the price seems very good and so someone should definitely take you up on it!

The problem for me is that my car only just had a new head, timing chains, clutch etc about 30k ago and it doesn't use an oil and so tearing it apart again is just a waste of money right now.......however, it is a very good price and it was a hard choice

Best of luck with the sale!

The rings are like brand new 10,000 miles

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/mattyvrt/media/D9243F3C-06F3-499F-A7A1-C7E926439750-450-000000C8AD6B3862_zps4fb75836.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/mattyvrt/media/photo3_zps4ebc33dc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

ok thats, good, also i'm new to rebuilding an engine with oversized pistons, can I fit a standard head gasket or will I need one with a specific bore size?

If you get a standard multi layer steel gasket from stealth racing it raises the compression by a further .4 think these are about £40 or something like that. No special gasket needed.