Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Insuring 2 cars, any good deals??????

Hi All,

I'm currently getting quotes to insure a Corrado and my daily shitbox Ibiza. Most insurance companies seem to only allow you to use your no claims on one car. But Elephant have said that if I insure both with them I can have the discount on both polices.

Is anyone else in the same situation? Can you give me any advise on companies to ring. I'm wondering if any do a combined policy.

If this has been asked before please point me in the direction of the thread.

Cheers Andy

I was going to buy my mate's BMW 320i for roaming around in to keep the mileage low on the Corrado but my ins company wanted an extra £300 on top of the current premium...... sod that.

I'd be interested to know how other folk get round this too.....

reason its so expensive is because you can only use your NCB on 1 car.... the other will be a new policy without any NCB!! thats how it was explained to me when i wanted to keep my crx anyway

you could try for a quote as a dealer?? insure any car type of thing?

a number of Insurance companies may give you an 'introductory' discount similar to your no-claims on your other vehicle.....depends who your with and if they want your business.........

Herts are pretty good but it depends who you currently insure with at the moment really as you wont want to cancel half way through the year

I insure both my Corrado VR6 and Golf GTi with Admiral (same group as Elephant).. I used my 4yrs NCB on the Corrado and they GAVE me full NCD on the Golf (5yrs).....

I guess they figured by driving the Golf I was reducing they're overall exposure anyway...

Elephant are the daddies at the mo, giving me full no claims on both cars. 394 for a VR, full n/c's, 33, no accidents or convictions, 27 year old girlfriend with 2 accidents in the last three years (bloody women drivers!!!) lowered syspension 17's and k&n.234 for the seat 1.9D.

Need to speak to Brentacre, Chris Knott and Greenlight tomorrow. Adrian Flux gave up before they even started when I told them what the Elephant quotes were.

Not bad.. £770 for the VR (uprated brakes only mod) with 4 years protected NCB, circa £300 for stock mk2 GTi with 5years NCD,

28 with clean licence, no accidents.....think area you live in has a lot to do with it to thou

Elephant are the daddies at the mo, giving me full no claims on both cars. 394 for a VR, full n/c's, 33, no accidents or convictions, 27 year old girlfriend with 2 accidents in the last three years (bloody women drivers!!!) lowered syspension 17's and k&n.234 for the seat 1.9D.

Need to speak to Brentacre, Chris Knott and Greenlight tomorrow. Adrian Flux gave up before they even started when I told them what the Elephant quotes were.

Also try Bell direct and Admiral, there practically the same company as Elephant but I just managed to get another £80 off this years renewal by going between the 3 then staying with Elephant.

for my corrado and my passat it cost me 1700$ can money

the corrado as full coverage and the passat as only the basic

alone the corrado cost me 1200$ in issurance

£672 per year, (4 yrs Ncb) for my Corrado VR6, and £270 per year for a Mk2 Rocco GTi on a classic policy with 5k max miles on policy, all with HIC :)

i insured my second car with HIC,

and they took the my NCB from my other policy into account,

i was very impressed with them, added some wheels and lowered the suspension and i had to pay no extra.

HIC gave me the same NCD for my Golf as for my Corrado, so the Golf MKII driver cost me less than £150 for the year TPF&T with the Corrado costing a smidgen over £800 with all the mods declared... 8)

It's called a "mirror policy", but it does mean that if you crash either car, you loose the discount on both! :?

It's also about to drop by about £50 on the golf and £100 on the Corrado this time around for some reason I'm not gonna argue with! :D

I insure the main car ( a mitsubishi ) for £220 :-P

and tell them I have a 2nd car the corrado and get that for £180 :-P

both fully comp and protected no claims.

they gave me an instant max no claims on 2nd one. 8)

I am 35 and squaw is 33

This is with Norwich union direct.

I hope this helps :mrgreen:

Chubbster

i insure my mk3 golf tdi for £700 and my dad has put my corrado on his traders policy at no extra cost so the corrado is covered and i can drive it through the 3rd party extension on my policy!! 2 cars for £700 and im only 19