timthetinyhorse

93 vr6 won't start

Im having an ongoing issue with my vr6

It tries to start and turns over strong but won't fire up, the aa guy managed to start it a few weeks ago by turning it over for ages after cleaning the plugs and said he thought it was the blue temp sender causing flooding.

I changed it today and cleaned the plugs etc and tried again with no joy. It appears that it's flooding so I'm not sure what to look at now.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob

Are you getting a spark to each plug Rob, if yes then in theory you could eliminate the HT Leads and Coil Pack? I had the ECU Relay play up on mine ages ago but can't rememer the symptoms, might be worth borrowing a known good one? (Part Nr is 1J0 906 381 A and has 109 on it).

Do you know anybody locally who has Vagcom, but not sure what it might show up if the engine isn't actually firing?

Ian.

I need to check the rest of the plugs but the one I checked had a strong spark.

We managed to get it fired a few weeks ago by turning it over constantly, at the moment it feels like it wants to fire up and catches now and again but just can't hold it