carrots

strange noise

ive got a strange noise from by the timing belt area on my kr.its not a knock or a tappet and only lasts a few mins.it had a belt on it when the head was off about 2 years ago

Probably best to whip the cover off and have a look for any marks inside, or anything else out of place. It's only a couple of bolts, max two skinned knuckles and ten cuss words. :)

yer i should have a look,i will be well p-ssed off if it snaps the belt.thing is why does it only do it from cold

yer i should have a look,i will be well p-ssed off if it snaps the belt.thing is why does it only do it from cold

It's a Corrado, they do things like that just to annoy you or get attention. It may be something to do with heat or expansion of bits but I really haven't a clue as to why. Seriously though, given the slightly disastrous consequences if the belt goes I would have a look ASAP. While in that area I would also give the crankshaft pully bolt a check as well.

Have you tried using a long screwdriver as a stethoscope substitute to try and tie down the location of the noise.

Edited by Wullie