Sign in to follow this  
bigben

I need YOUR help

this was my problem (quite a common one for corrados)

and this is what caused it

for anyone who does not know what it is

It is the pipe from the gear box the chassis leg on my 1990 16v C with a hydralic clutch but today i have found out this is a discontinued part! but i dont want to but one from a scrap yard cos i will prob be in th same situation in a weeks time!!

can anyone help me with a place to get one from?? im in north yorkshire

cheers

i find it hard to belive too it is also the same on pre 1990 passats too the are different to the golf 16v ones but the same as the g60 ones so will they be the same as the corrado g60 ones :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Steveo29,thats what I thought when I saw it,

I've blown a few hydraulic hoses over the years,be it power steering or hydraulic drives on me truX.

Theres a company up here called 'hydrasun',perteks up ere too.

and like most they have an 'onsite' service,might be worthy of a ring I think if you cant source an oem part.

failing that Im sure a real mechanic could make somthing up :-P

Well, seeing as I bought one 2 weeks ago from my local dealer, I KNOW that they're not obsolete! ;)

Part number is: 357 721 465A

Cost: £29.53 + VAT

8)

Go and give 'em hell 'cos they're talking crap... :mad: :evil:

sometimes the dealers dont know what ur chatting abt or simply cant be arsed to go and look and tell u its obsolete i had this problem in a big way when i went to get a headlight lens and they wouldnt gimme anything but a whole headlight which i didnt want or did i buy it hell no....

Yeah, go to a different dealer mate, some just don't want to know when you mention 'Corrado'

Incompetent Arseholes :x

well bac to what chubby brown said bout gettin a real mechanic to make something up!! thats what i did i cut the union off the end so it was an open pipe (to get rid of the hole in it) then put the union bac on and used an olive to crimp it in place till i can get hold of one!! Cheers anyway people