HummuH

Changing 02J box ratios

I run a 02J box, which I think is a Golf VR6 box (think code is FCF).

I would like a slightly longer 1st and 2nd gear and having checked the various ratio's in 02J's, I would like the ratios from other 02J boxes (various codes have right ratio's I'm looking for).

Given the housing is the same, is it easy enough to take 1st and 2nd gears from another 02J box and drop them into my 02J box?

Cheers!

It's for a race car, and at the track it's used most at a longer 2nd gear would be of benefit. With the turbo, it can be quite hard to maintain traction in 1st and 2nd gears without lighting up the (damn expensive) tyres, so longer ratios might just help that out a bit and knock out a couple of unneccesary gear changes.

What size tyres are you running and your shift rpm, you may get away with just change the ring and pinion gear to use 3rd instead of 2nd

Thanks PM'd.

Ideally, I don't want to change 3rd or 4th at all, they're perfect as they stand. That's why I'd like to swap out 1st and 2nd only.