VWVW

My Twilight Zone moment...

Just wanted to share my bit of a twilight zone moment...

Last week I did an oil and filter change on the VR and somehow I managed to pierce the yellow plug piece on the oil collecting can. So thought I will have to buy another one in future as its useless without this piece when storing the old oil.

A few days later during my travels about 2 hrs away from home I decided to take an unexpected break from my journey. So parked up for a rest and as I opened my car door to get out for a stretch. Presented in front of me was this black plug in the dirt track. It looked to be a similar size to the yellow plug that I damaged a few days back. So picked it put and placed it in the boot of the car.

Only today I remembered about the black plug I had picked up and tested the fit on the oil collecting can. It was a perfect fit. Sweeeeet! Halleluya!!!(shouting from the top of my voice)

Good find :-)

I had something similar (although not the same) happen a last week.

Back before Christmas 2012 I bought a cheap VW Golf V5 because it had a heated Recaro interior. I promptly swapped the interior into my own V5, put the cloth interior from mine into the cheap V5 and sold it on eBay, to someone in Stockport, about 40 miles away.

Last week my Mum was supposed to fly into EMA but instead got diverted to Manchester airport for some reason. Her car was at EMA so she asked me to go pick her up. Off I went and on the way back had to divert around the centre of Stockport because of an accident so ended up following my nose through some housing estates hoping that I wouldn't get lost.

I took a wrong turn down a side street and ended up doing a three point turn in the road - a long straight road of semi detached houses with driveways. I picked a spot on the road to turn in and as I was halfway through the turn what should I see up the driveway opposite me...yep - the Golf V5 that I'd sold!

It just seemed a massive co-incidence that I'd ended up diverting, getting a bit lost and then done a three pointer right in that place where the car was parked. It was bizarre seeing a car that I'd done work on, 40-odd miles from home, while sat in the seats that used to be in it, which were now in my car.

I bought a lottery ticket that night. Didn't win though.

Ive got a better one,2 days ago i stuck a note on my mates back at work saying (rampant homersexual) and he wore it all nightshift without realising and even went home with it on his back :lol:

The guy is a real joker and always pranks people which is why i did it as hes left our department as of yesturday,at 4am im reading on the alfa forums about a common issue with lights and i decide to go out and check my rear lights there and then quickly as its dark ( i was checking for a dull constant light).The car park was pitch black and when i check the lights i look down at my reg plate after and what do i see

The little ******* had thought hed suceeded but the powers that be had randomly sent me at 4am to my car :lol:, i did it back to his car with a plate saying homo wagon :rofl:

imag0662u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us