Big Adam

Raditor top elbow gasket/rubber ring thingy part number?

Looking for the part number/place to aquire the rubber gasket that sits between the radiator and the top elbow as mine seems to be ignoring the fact it shouldnt let water through it!

thanks

Hi Adam. As you know I am a 16v guy so I cant speak from personal knowledge!

My info shows an ABV to have 535 121 687 (O ring 31 x 3.2mm) as the seal for the top elbow on the radiator -assuming thats what you have!

it brings the correct part on vw herritage, will see it the dealer has any as i need it yesterday!

thanks for that alan

I think it is a discontinued part from VAG, but look on ebay, I bought a genuine one recently. Silly money for what it is, but needs must.....

Now the cautionary tale.

Be aware that the bolts holding the elbow on screw into captive nuts moulded into the top plastic casing of the radiator and are prone to siezing, with the result that the casing will crack when you try to undo them. Give the bolts a liberal dose of WD40 or Wurth Rostoff Ice releasing fluid, from the top and the underside, repeatedly for several days before attempting to undo them. Otherwise you may need a new radiator.

RB

Thanks for the advice chaps, it's only been on there a day or so hopefully it won't be rusted on yet!

What worries me is it could be a hairline fracture that's causing the water leek :/