Sign in to follow this  
vr6paul

digital 4 wheel alignment- where?

Does anybody know of a good place around the Glasgow area to get the geometry done on my C.

Star performance told me I needed it at the rolling road but still haven't gotten round to it.

I am one the west coast about thirty miles from Glasgow so don't really want to travel much further than that.

cheers

paul

Any car body repair centre will have the necessary tools and experience to do this.

It's usually just the tracking or camber on VWs.

Any car body repair centre will have the necessary tools and experience to do this.

It's usually just the tracking or camber on VWs.

Thats different to what he is asking mate - 4 wheel digital alignment requires expensive gear.... and is also ALOT more accurate than the normal kit.... Had mine done on old Corrado for £40 - best £40 Ive spent *:)

Although it is only the front that is adjustable they measure it from all angles and adjust it spot on even taking wear out...

Does anybody know of a good place around the Glasgow area to get the geometry done on my C.

Theres Drivers pretty much in the Glasgow town centre but they usually ask for your car for the full day as they get them all in first thing and q them up.

I think theres also somewhere in Maryhill, ATS maybe? Ill try an find out.

Fat Tony got his done recently I think but I cant remember where.

Er yes, that is what I was talking about aswell. I've watched my local body shop do a 4 wheel aligment on my car and all it is 4 metal pads which the car is driven onto. These are then aligned with lasers after the probes are pressed against the road wheels. The computer then gives a full colour read-out, green within tolerance, red = outside tolerance. You can adjust the rear by shimming the hubs. Considering Bodyshops have to straighten bent chassis, they are the best guys for the job.

Kev

Progrip

Unit 8 Canal Bank Est Canal Bank Ind Est,Seabegs Rd

Bonnybridge Stirlingshire

FK4 2BP

Tel: 01324 810111

Got mine done took me 30 mins from the west end to get there was 47 quid which is around 25 quid cheaper than drivers

Sandy from the club put me on to him as he done his C as well

HTH