p0l1wrath

Electronic differential lock

Been having troubles with my abs for a long time now, have looked at everything I have found to do with it and it all seems to be working as good, vancomycin brings up no error codes and have just pulled out my owners instruction manual and found something called Electronic differential lock which shows faults through the abs light, considering it has stuff to do with wheels spinning it would makes sense that this is where I go next to try and find a fault, which cars are equipped with this system and is it part of the main ecu, abs ecu or does it have its own ecu?

Cheers

It's part of the calibration of the ABS ECU located in the passenger foot-well. It is a function of front wheel speed compared to rear wheel speed,

e.g. if the ECU see that one of the front wheels is spinning faster than that of the rear wheels, if above a certain slip percentage, this eliminating turning a corner, it will assume that one of the front wheels has less traction than the other front wheel, the ECU will then pulse the caliper to reduce the wheel spin enabling the tyre to regain traction, abit like ABS. This will only work upto a speed of 25 Kph.

Another way to check the pump, before starting the engine, place your foot on the brake pedal with small amount of pressure, now start the engine, you should feel the pedal pulse as the pump starts to prime.

Matt