Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Spoiler not active now!

This has probably been answered before but, bought the Corrado in October last year, and was fitted with clarion radi cassette head unit, and the active spoiler was working. Fitted another clarion head unit and connected the speed pulse wire to the power antenna wire out of the head unit by mistake! Then, realising what I had done disconnected the speed pulse wire and insulated to up. Unfortunately the spoiler no longer works automatically, but still works of the switch.

Have I knackered the control box? Are they fixable? Or do I have to get ripped off by a main dealer!!:cry:

If you put it up manually, does it come down by itself when the speed drops? if not then probably if the box, I don't think there is a seperate fuse for it?

if it still works manually, you might just have to replace the sensor that does the automatic feature. you may have messed something up when you put in the new head unit. if you can get access to the etka for the corrado it will have the part # to the sensor that is on the back of the guage cluster. it was a $35 fix for my friends corrado. have a local shop order it for you insted of the dealer. just something to look into.

Supercharged - doesn't come back down automatically! - bugger!

BlackOut16v - what is the etka?

Cheers guys

Do not worry. My 2.0l 16v was the same. Spoliler only worked manually. I took it to TSR performance and they said a fault had been caused by someone fitting a stereo but re wired it properly by passing the fault in the speedo unit. Worked fine cost me an hours labour £70 but no parts were required so I was happy with that as I had no idea how to fix it my self.

Dave

got the same problem.... but its definitely not the stereo.. I've even removed the blue/white from the control box and no difference.. does this sound like a knackered control box?