Rams

Boost gauge vac connection

I started off removing the cluster/speedo clocks as I've read there's a vac line there you can T off keeping it all local to the dash area, but I can't see this line?

The speedo clock just has a wiring plug. I can see a blue pipe lower down which goes towards the heater dials area. Is this the line that needs a T to connect the vac line for the boost gauge?

The wiring, I can probably connect into for the centre gauges I fitted in the cubby hole so it should have adjustable dim/brightness.

I've already got a T into the fuel reg for my recirc valve and didn't want another T in a close proximity.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Rams

Not sure on the dash mate but can't you just move your recirc valve to the brake servo line, that's where mine is connected, I don't have any t piece by my fuel reg. also couldn't you just connect the boost gauge to the second take off on the brake servo line?

Have you got a picture of it to the brake servo line? I looked today and couldn't see the servo line to use. I did think to just t into the line that comes from the re circ valve but would that give an incorrect reading? Better still, if your about tomorrow, pop over and show me?

The power part I'm happy to do, I removed the flap behind the gauge today so its not fouling. I've got a t piece and some spare line from the meth kit if that will work to connect up to.

Craig, How was the holiday? Nice time with the g friend?

Didn't you connect up the progressive meth kit into the brake vacuum line? There should be 2 nipples on the underneath you can take a vacuum off. I've got my recirc valve on one nipple and my progressive meth box on the other. That leaves you to attach your boost gauge using the t piece you already have onto the fuel reg, you'll get a more accurate reading too there im led to believe? Working till 8 tomorrow mate and going for a run in the morning otherwise couldve popped over. Holiday was good, both ended up with the flu though and only just really recovered. Was still nice to get some sun tho :) can possibly pop over weds maybe if you're about?

Such a bummer you guys have just recovered! Hope you feel relaxed anyway.

The meth Kit, that is tapped into the inlet pipe, the forge re circ valve is plumbed into fuel reg hose. I think. I need to double check to be honest.

The nipple you connected onto, is this on the meth kit pump or somewhere else? If you can take a picture when your next by the car that would be helpful.

I will have another look tomorrow for these nipples, but if you are around on Wednesday that would be great mate.