starmagsi

My new daily - K plate 2.0 16v

Hello all, new around here but thought I'd post up some pics of yesterdays new arrival.

As I found her...

IMG_0035_zps95415c5b.jpg

After a lazy, rainy, jet wash rinse...

IMG_0040_zps307e8a7d.jpg

IMG_0038_zpsd2e2aeaf.jpg

IMG_0037_zpsc6cca9d6.jpg

IMG_0036_zps59cbe5d1.jpg

No big plans yet, sort the 1990's reverse rake the previous owner has given her. Also needs a new heater matrix, have a new one here may fit it tomorrow.

Cheers Clumpy. I've not checked the paint code as yet but I think it is.

Just about to leave the house to go do the heater matrix now. :bonk:

Best colour but i would say that only thing about doing something like the matrix is you find other bit's that you are not happy with and before you know it the car is stripped getting prepped for a respray :lol: ok maybe just rewiring the dash from previous alarm's etc

I know what you mean, I've got a mk1 golf GTI to channel all of those thoughts on though. :rolleyes:

For the time being I'd just be happy with a dry interior.

Loving the colour, at times it almost looks black but when the sun hits it the purple really stands out. :cool:

Yeah nice car mate, that's the same colour as mine.

I've got to do my dam heater matrix at some point as it's just started to leak a bit :(

Just checked the paint code and you're correct Clumpy. I'm officially a member of the DBP club. :cool:

Taking a little break from the heater matrix, it was all going very well (the dash is nothing compared to later model Golfs I have done in the past) until I came to undoing the nuts inside the engine bay and they are going nowhere fast. I am therefore going to have a cup of tea or two and let the WD40 do it's thing...

I have noticed that the sound deadening above the matrix is also very damp on mine... Has anyone else spotted this?

---------- Post added at 4:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:26 PM ----------

Yeah nice car mate, that's the same colour as mine.

I've got to do my dam heater matrix at some point as it's just started to leak a bit :(

Cheers mate. Good luck, it really is a lovely job... :bonk:

:dance: as soon as you said it look's black sometime's i knew.Yeah best way with these car's it can be frustrating at time's but a little time and patience is all that's required you will get there :)

A few pics, just for the sake of it...

IMG_0050_zpsc1ee0730.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsd65fce4f.jpg

IMG_0053_zps6a712143.jpg

IMG_0054_zps0cca43e1.jpg

Not really achieved much with it, sorted the horrendous reverse rake it came with. I ended up raising the rear of the car by nearly 2 inches - it's not so noticeable in the first pics I put up but the back was silly low - and dropping the front down a little to balance it out. Handles and looks much better now.

Also, have bypassed the heater matrix as I started tidying up wiring behind the dash which has halted my matrix replacement. This will be completed over the bank holiday weekend however along with a few new sensors and new thermostat.

Good to see you have some plan's in place over wkend keep it up :thumbleft:

VW Estorils are such a good looking wheels, they suit Corrado perfectly... I'm jealous! :)

Planned to treat my car with the same but fixing mechanical issues is depleting my wheel fund.

VW Estorils are such a good looking wheels, they suit Corrado perfectly... I'm jealous! :)

Planned to treat my car with the same but fixing mechanical issues is depleting my wheel fund.

They are growing on me actually. I used to have them on a mk2 and wasn't that keen, like you say though they do suit the Corrado well. I might be tempted to space them out a little though as the front do get lost in the arches.

Good to see you have some plan's in place over wkend keep it up :thumbleft:

Apparently the gf has other plans for the weekend... :scratch:

Do you know who is responsible? Did anyone see who done it? That is bad matey.

That sucks

It does mate.

Do you know who is responsible? Did anyone see who done it? That is bad matey.

No witnesses as yet. There is a school up the road that has a catering lorry that struggles in and out of that turning most days though, that's my bet. It's a school for rich and famous peoples daughters, so I'll be on to the headmistress first thing.

Edited by starmagsi

Poor Corrado, I hope you can find who hit it and claim off their insurance.

My Corrado must have come from the same dealers of yours (Kennings IIRC), the reg on mine is also K*** GKY, and it is a 2.0 16v :)