Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

ITSs ALIVE!!!

:lol: YEEEEEEHAAAAA, the VR6 has finally barked into life and if now purring away like a good un.

hopefully my hose clamps and oil cooler hoses will turn up tomorrw and I can put her back together and test drive her!!

I can't wait!! it's bee 3 long weeks off the road, about 70 hours labour and at least £1500 in those 3 weeks alone (not including the bits I already had) I reckon, let's hope it's worth it.

Nice one Matey! 8)

Good to hear she barked into life at last... :D

Such a releif!

Not I've got to move 3 cars to get it out of the garage and see if it drives OK.

I know the noise you were talking about Phat: try going on hols for three weeks and then (jump) starting your VR6. The tappets will make exactly the same noise....

I say jump starting cos the battery will almost certainly be flat! :|

This engine hasn't been run since September 2001!!!!! :shock: it's quietened now now though thankfully. I could only run it for about a minute, it's got no coolant in it yet.

Battery has given up the ghost, 3 weeks of contant draining and charging has killed it. so I've nicked the one off the lupo until I can get another. hoping to pick up a proper battery at inters.