willmason1975

Back in Corrado Ownership

Hello everyone I used to be on here a lot back in 2003 to 2005 when I had my black 16v. It got written off and I went on to other vws. Well Im back into my corrados. Just bought a VR6 off ebay and pick it up on saturday. Its a fixer so will be posting up its progress for anyone whos interested. It looks bad in photos but never been shy of throwing money and time into a worth while project. Just a quick question for anyone who knows. Is there a colour that looks like mystic blue? In the pics it looks mystic. If so may have a storm for buttons. Only paid £660 for it but looks like it needs full repaint, Definately going to do engine rebuild its done 200k. Here is a link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140955844079?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Tell me what you think?

Edited by willmason1975

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new rado and progress reports! Not sure about a colour similar to Mystic. The closest I can think of is Aqua but that doesn't have the same purple-y tint that Mystic has in some light. Hope it's a good project!

Thanks mate! From the pics on ebay it looks too dark to be Aqua but could be wrong. Really looking forward to the 3 1/2 hr drive to go and pick it up. Will post up some pics and check the colour code. If it is mystic would it definately be a storm?

Yeah it would be a Storm but unlikely as it looks like it has cloth - looks darker than Aqua but then it's inside...

Looks a good buy - non runner but complete car and it looks like it's been stored well so shouldn't have deteriorated more!

Moonlight Blue has Purlple shades in certain light. My last VR was this colour and I have a shot of it at a Ph Sunday service looking almost Twilight, even though most people think it is black in most lights

Looks like half leather going by the fourth pic. You can see the bolster which looks like leather to me............

Good buy anyway mate, always nice when you find them in a sorry state, and know they are going to be bought back to life rather than broken for parts. :thumbleft:

I picked the car up today, got back from an 8 hour drive about an hour ago. Well I have no idea what colour it is. Its been painted very badly like its been done with an aerosol. The sticker is missing from the boot floor so I will have to find out from VW. Its not definitely not a storm. Pictures are a bit deceptive it hasn't got half leather either its got leather lower bolsters on the front seats. owner said it may have already had major engine work but Im going to strip it anyway because if it had been rebuilt you think it would have had chains and guides. Still positive side is there doesn't seem to be much in the way of crash damage. Its going to be a long project this one me thinks!!!