dj b

vr6 alternator 7 rib needed please

Hi everyone im new here, just got a vr6 corrado m plate 1994 and it needs an alternator pulley as the one that is on is too small and strips the aux belt. Ive changed the tensioner for a new one so its not as bad but its not right. I cant find any listed any where. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one from?

Thanks, Ben

ill see which one i have when i get home tonight.

that would be great mate thankyou.

Just buy a new one from VW - not expensive at all!

I tried mate the one theu got me was too small. I ordered one from euro car parts. wrong one too small and ive got one conong fron gap tomorrow so ill see. ill give veedub a ring in the morning and see if they can get me the right one.

I assume it's the v-belt you're after?

They come in 2 lengths, depending if you've got aircon or not.

B 021 145 933 C (1290mm, non aircon)

B 021 145 933 H (1360mm, aircon)

Yes thats right mate. I haven't got air con though. ive got a new belt on and a new one spare for when I get the correct alternator pulley. hopefully I can source one tomorrow. Sorry ive just re read my above reply and the spelling is all over the place. im on my phone when im out and its a little awkward to type and work. thats my excuse anyway :-D

oh, i dint realise. I was looking for an alternator (which i have). Sorry, in that case I cant help

No bother mate. thanks anyway. Gap got me one today and its the wrong one again. there are twomon order for me from veedub so fingers crossed one will be right.:rolleyes:

Ok so Veedub have got me one and its the wrong one. The other one is on back order and will take 2 weeks and it will cost £58!!!! id rather get a used one as I dont want to pay that. I can get a 2nd hand complete alternator for less!!.

So im still looking. if someone has one still attached to the alternator and doesnt want to split just the pulley off it, ill buy the alternator aswell. Im I cornwall at the mo in a blinkin megane as I didnt want to risk using the rado :'(

thanks, Ben

I have 3 in the garage will check them.

Cheers Jim. ive got my fingers crossed. Thanks

20130503_180531.jpg

Is that right one?

Struggling to get it off the alternator at the moment. Need a 24mm drop ring spanner.

20130503_180531.jpg

Is that right one?

Struggling to get it off the alternator at the moment. Need a 24mm drop ring spanner.

Hi Jim thats the one mate.:thumbleft:

I know what u mean I had to use these gear wrench set ive got socket set but with a big hole throigh so I can grab the shaft and hold it still. If you cant get it off mate would you sell the whole thing? where abouts do u live Jim? i cant reply straight away as im in cornwall and I have to walk up a hill to get signal. Thanks mate.:cheers:

Yeah I would sell it all. I have a new spare already that I'm about to fit.

I live in essex near Stansted airport. Quite a trek. But I might be able to get it off over the weekend.

Do you have an old belt to grip the pulley in a vice or know anyone with an air / battery impact wrench?

Yeah I would sell it all. I have a new spare already that I'm about to fit.

I live in essex near Stansted airport. Quite a trek. But I might be able to get it off over the weekend.

Yes mate your right its a bit of a trek. would you be able to post it at all? how much do you want posted Jim?

Thanks mate, Ben