Hello!

After 12 years I am back in the market for a Corrado.

Started with a 1990 G60 in red back in 1997 ish, rebuilt charger by BRM and JAMEX suspension. Its was a minter with 1 owner and FVAGSH until it sadly expired in a shunt.

The insurance money was used to buy a K plate VR6 in pearl grey, which was mechanically good but needed some love so a wheel refurb JAMEX suspension (these things sit sooo high) and general tidy of the body got it right.

Eventually parenthood meant it had to be replaced by a Golf VR6 and a string of VAG after that.

The plan was to source a 20VT converted car but nice ones have a premium attached and tidy VR6s look really good value at the minute. This would be a weekend car as the daily is an 8P S3 Sportback DSG (Milltek and SHARK stage 1 :cool:) and you cant beat a small manual VR6 for a hoon!

Flirted with, and even viewed a MK2 20VT Golf but the `Gti tax` means you dont get much for your money making the Corrado look a smarter purchase.

The S3 is a superb bit of kit but I have always fancied another Corrado. If I can get my kicks here then the S3 can be swapped for a derv daily so can make sense.

Anyhow, apologies for the long intro, off to explore suspension options as a car I have in mind is on stock stilts:p

Cheers

Paul

PS - Anyone know this car ? Hope to view this week if its still available. Looks like an enthusiast car. Would be good to get some intel from anyone that knew it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-2-9-Coupe-VR6-1993-/261192650581?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cd04b8f55

Edited by Paular