timthetinyhorse

Cylinder 1 TDC

Im about to refit the cylinder head to the VR but I'm a bit concerned that I don't have cylinder 1 at TDC, it looks like it is with the head off so I'm presuming it's where it should be but is there any other way I can tell??

I don't have the box off so can't look at the fly wheel and my crank pully hasn't got the mark on.....I set it to TDC when removing the head with the locking tool but worried that when if been charting about removing the aux belt I might have moved it.

The piston is at the very top of the bore as is the bottom right cylinder if looking from the front of the car, it's prob perfectly alright but I just want to make sure......I marked the sprockets and chain so I know where it needs to be when refitted....

Cheers

Rob

Defo need to make sure rob, from what I remember when doing mine TDC on cylinder 1 needs to be checked against the pulley wheel, flywheel through inspection hole and the chain gear markings.

I thought I had mine correct until I checked the chain gears.

Its a black plastic/rubber bung on the top of the GB casing. Lots think its the GB oil filler cap and chuck a load of fluid down there. Not good when your clutch starts slipping!