Sign in to follow this  
C6 SVR

Fitting Heated / Electric Recaros

At the weekend I part-exchanged my knackered non-heated leather interior for full Recaro black leather interior in vgc complete with heated and electric front seats.

I did the deal with Simon at CMS, Derby who is a sound bloke btw.

However, the cables for the seat heating elements and motors are still in the donor car.

Simon needs advice on where these cables go to so he can remove them. Also, what else needs to be removed e.g. fuses, etc.

Plus - can anyone give advice on fitting or recommend someone who's good at this sort of thing in the NorthWest (I'm not intending to DIY)

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Andy

Scott,

I'm pretty sure my Corrado doesn't have the cables in the floor (unless they're under the carpet?) as it didn't have heated or electric seats. Nor does it have a heated seat control in the dash - just a blank insert.

I wish the cables were in place as it would make things much easier.

Andy

Well, don't know for sure - but when I turn my seats on (oh baby!) I get a relay click from the back-left. So my guess is the wiring goes back to the rear quarter on the passenger side.

Scott,

I'm pretty sure my Corrado doesn't have the cables in the floor (unless they're under the carpet?) as it didn't have heated or electric seats. Nor does it have a heated seat control in the dash - just a blank insert.

I wish the cables were in place as it would make things much easier.

Andy

Well get the carpets up and find out - it could be a seperate loom though although doubt it........

Well, don't know for sure - but when I turn my seats on (oh baby!) I get a relay click from the back-left. So my guess is the wiring goes back to the rear quarter on the passenger side.

Hmmm, no clicks on mine :?

At the weekend I part-exchanged my knackered non-heated leather interior for full Recaro black leather interior in vgc complete with heated and electric front seats.

I did the deal with Simon at CMS, Derby who is a sound bloke btw.

However, the cables for the seat heating elements and motors are still in the donor car.

Simon needs advice on where these cables go to so he can remove them. Also, what else needs to be removed e.g. fuses, etc.

Plus - can anyone give advice on fitting or recommend someone who's good at this sort of thing in the NorthWest (I'm not intending to DIY)

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Andy

Thats the seats i just missed out on then!!!!!!! The guy has now offered me your lovely "knackered" seats instead!!!

Very miffed :mad:

:wink:

Brian,

They're not that knackered really. They're in pleated leather, which is not an effect that I like.

I could email you pictures of them in my car if you like.

Andy