tony_ack

VR6 aux water pump urgent Sheffield

I was investigating a leak around the aux water pump on my daily, and the bottom flange on the pump just sheared off. I've botched it up at the moment by removing the pump and putting the broken bit of flange between the pipes with a hose clip around them, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Has anyone got a spare pump with the bottom housing intact? Doesn't even matter if it doesn't work as long as the plastic at the bottom and the flanges are intact. Would be fantastic if someone has one in Sheffield or nearby.

Cheers

Id be trawling ebay for breakers mate..... not sure if the golf ones are the same but this may make it easier to find

Cheers, good plan. I've just checked on ETKA and the same part no comes up on pretty much all 5/6 cylinder VWs up to about 2001, and quite a few SEATs too... should make it much easier to find.

Cheers, good plan. I've just checked on ETKA and the same part no comes up on pretty much all 5/6 cylinder VWs up to about 2001, and quite a few SEATs too... should make it much easier to find.

I have one off a V5 20V but I think the plug is different? 10Vs are the same too

---------- Post added at 5:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:28 PM ----------

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/penny318dog/media/IMAG0185_zps998936ef.jpg.html

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/penny318dog/media/IMAG0184_zps1ef3092b.jpg.html

Hi Dox, it's definitely a different plug as the VR one is square. I could swap the bottom housings over, but it would really depend on how much you wanted for it?

Or fit a wiring plug off a MK4 based car (small spade connectors fit perfectly anyway)? Its tested and working, it has pos and neg markings by the socket. Make me an offer that's fair to us both and I can post it on Friday

Dox = I've sent a PM

The temporary solution is holding up pretty well so far - no leaks at all and the smell of coolant under the bonnet has completely gone fort he first time since I've owned the car!

I posted this at mid day, postage details and tracking barcode sent via PM

Thanks