Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Claxton

Tornado Red G60 for £3995 in Kings Lynn, Norfolk

Volkswagen Corrado G60 1991 For Sale!

I did not think i would ever sell this car, but bought only thinking about myself and how i have always wanted one and not my wifes bad back, only ment a matter of time until i was taking it out by myself became less and less.

This car must be the only one in its league, just over 53,000 on the clock now and i have a full service history sat next to me with a bill for nearlly every year since it was brought brand new!

In 1991 volkswagen had this car in the showroom for 3 months, the accountant for the bank of england then went into the garage and wanted a G60 to drive away that day. I have the bill of sale for that day 22nd of november 1991 where it was bought from whites wimbledon volkwagen garage for £16,000! And it didnt have any miles on the clock!

Serviced at whites in-

1992 Aug- 7,333 miles

1993 Aug- 10,743 miles

1995 Sept- 16,235 miles

1996 Aug- 19,009 miles

1997 Aug- 22,661 miles

1998 July- 24,441 miles

1991 July- 25,892 miles

2000 July- 29,471 miles

2001 July- 31,392 miles

Then serviced at Delta autos

2002 July- 32,401 miles

2003 July- 33,376 miles

2004 July- 35,150 miles

2005 July- 37,135 miles

2007 Aug- 44,807 miles (also full cambelt kit)

2008 July- 46,512 miles

2009 July- 49,500 miles

2010 July- 51,384 miles

2011 July- 52,244 miles (Including a full respray, bill for £2500)

2012 July- 52,522 miles

Also there were many other things done as the time of the service, all on the bills, brakes, tyres, battery, extra keys, wheel bearing etc..

Also i have many of the mots, i wouldnt say all but i have over 15!

So as im sure you can see the owner looked after this car very well, as of 2011 he decided he wanted to sell it, offered it to a few close friends but didnt want to sell it to a stranger who could ruin the car!

In october 2012 he used it to go and pick something up and sadly had a small accident and decided he really didnt want the car and more as he was getting to old to drive it, this is when i bought it from the insurance company (so sadly the accident was recorded on the register)

I then bought another corrado 16v to use for parts, i replaced the bumper, bonnet, headlights, doors, wings (which took me AGES to source totally solid ones with no rust at all) i then got the front end resprayed (the back end is still like brand new so didnt need doing)

I done this car for me to keep for a long time so i dont it to a very very high standard, i am a fully qualified mechanic, i have worked on vws for 6 years and no them inside out! As i had another car nothing was missed at all, anything else i sourced and found, everything apart from the passengers outer wing mirror triangle which it requires, if i get one before i will fit no problem.

So basically this car is like a time warp, i mean it still has the first aid kit in the back which is unopened! Try and find one of them!

The seat had a slight rip, so i bought another seat to use the same material and got it professorially repaired, it is mint!

Only mods i have done is rolled the rear arches and put the porsche twists on with adapters, 20mm on the front and 43mm on the back and a set of coilovers.

Now the price is £3995 with the porsche twists (imported from a custom wheel shop in hollywood) and adapters

Or £3495 with the original BBS alloys which were fitted when it was new

The porsche wheels are triple chromed 17 inch and not a common thing to see!

i would sell these separate!

My phone number is 07885427021

Take your chance to own a piece of history

It has tax for 4 months and i will get 12 months mot on it for the buyer.

Very sad to see it go but as is life! Many thanks!

PX'S CONSIDERED

Edited by Jonathan Claxton