JD Westy

Hello from long time lurker

A quick hello to test I can post for Mr VR6 because I can,t view the classifieds at the minute . Anyway I,ll be looking to buy a VR6 Corrado in about 3 months time been a long time admirer of the car and having currently got a Golf VR6 and had another a number of years ago I am hooked on the VR6 engine . I was at the Stanford Hall show a couple of weeks ago and t Corrado Club display cemented my want for a Corrado . I,ve been pleasently surprised at the current market price but have noticed good cars tend to sell quickly so I won,t start the search until I have adequate funds in place . My ideal car will be a Blackberry VR6 in the best condition I can afford I look forward to the the search and the ownership experience . Jon.

Welcome Jon. Blackberry is indeed a stunning colour on the Raddo, unfortunately never been a good one around when I was buying! I seem to have owned every other VR6 colour!..I was last looking at a nice original 2 owner Blackberry on Autotrader. It's still for sale at £2995, I even went to drive it. Seems like an honest car with stamped book and drove well, 4 matching newish tyres, but the killer for me was a few hundred quids worth of rust to sort..hence I have just bought another Classic Green VR!..

You won't be dissapointed buying 1 I'm new to the raddo vr6 and I was very picky with colour choice I wanted a blackberry it's an amazing colour

Billzeebub is that the N reg Raddo that's been on their a while? Somewhere down south looks to be a standard car. Re the colours my first VR6 was Twilight Violet and current VR6 is Dusty Mauve , the colours VW where using in the early nineties where sublime

Good choice of colour. Blackberry really has balooned in popularity over the last few years. For just reasons. There's even one near me.

Would be nice to know of another Corrado in the borough as well. Two simply isn't enough.

It is a 95 M, in a dealer in Buckinghamshire. It even has the original Sony stereo with CD changer and the steering wheel controls stalk! I nearly bought it, it like I said there was a fair bit of rust on both front arches and on edge of bonnet. A few other dings on the bodywork, passenger electric window wouldnt work and handbrake fixing had snapped. But the more I think about it the more I wish I had gone for it. The sunroof and spoiler worked, the heater was like a furnace and the thing drove nicely apart from a notch ones into second gear. It hasn't got much paperwork and the Dealer (though friendly enough) isn't exactly where I would usually buy from but it was on original shock height, looked straight and has only had the two owners, last one being a young lady.

Yeah could just make out some rust on the bonnet in the pics. James I,ve seen a Blackberry Corrado kicking about around Wigan not you is it?

Not me. The blackberry is from over Billinge way. Mine is Sherry pearl (dark red) and resides that way as well.

Back to the car though. So long as the front wings arn't rotted through it may be worth a closer look. And to be honest, even if they are, they can be replaced easy enough. Maybe even budget in a front end blow over. What I can't stress enough is check the rear arches ( at the end of the sill). The underseal is really thick and hides a multitude of rusty sins. When I bought my VR6 it didn't have (what looked like) a spot of rust on the body. Unfortunatly when I came to rub back what I thought was a small ten pence size of rust, turned into a lot more. I've put a link to the pictures so you get a better idea:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?46730-Carry-on-Campaign-Pull-up-to-my-bumper-baby/page29

There's loads in the search if you need advice. Or ping me message if you get stuck.

Happy hunting