Hofmiester

VR6 Sump

Looking for a spare sump to weld an oil return fitting onto for a supercharger.

Must be straight and reasonably priced!

Cheers

Ron

I'm taking the engine out of mine next weekend, don't know what condition the sump is in but if you are still looking for one ill let you know?

Ron,

I have a 1st class sump taken off mine this summer. Can bring to National day if you are going?

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. I'm in the US at the moment for work. I'm not going to make the national day I'm afraid but where abouts are you?

That works for me as I travel to Sheffield quite a lot to see family. I think I am actually going on the last weekend of this month.

How much are you after for the sump?

Hey Phil,

Just a friendly reminder that this is my wanted thread and Vaghag has replied to me.

I'm afraid I have first dibs on this and I'm gonna take it.

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron,

Sorry mate I did honestly forget this is your wanted thread! I'm just trying to source parts quickly. Vag-hag did PM me but he should really have reminded me that you're first dibs, as the impression I got is that Chris is willing to sell to whoever says 'I'll take it' first and you've not specifically said that until now, plus you can't collect it until the end of June.

I will respect your wishes Ron, it's your thread so please clarify with Chris and sort it out amongst yourselves, my apologies, I wasn't deliberately trying to hijack your thread or item first.

Chris - Please confirm the above and cancel our intended meet this Tue in Oxford.

I've had enough of doing handbags at dawn on here recently, like with the recent frustrating VSR manifold feeler thread, which basically turned into a junk show and is now going on ebay, shame.

Chris ultimately can choose who to sell to or not, but I'm not getting involved in that, it's his decision and in the spirit of the forum: Ron you have first dibs. on this item.

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Philstrm250

Hi Ron,

Sorry I didn't intend to hijack your thread, I've now deleted and edited some of my posts. I have placed my own wanted thread for many items including a sump and VAG-hag also replied to my thread directly and I did say "I'll take it" many hours before you did. I guess it's up to VAG-hag to decide who he wants to sell to and how quickly he wants it gone and paid for. Ultimately it's the vendors choice and I'm fine with that outcome, either way.

Vag-hag (Chris) please confirm who you want to sell the sump to?

Unfortunately I can't collect from Oxford on Tue now, so you would need to post it to me, it's your choice.

Cheers,

Phil

Hey Phil,

Just a friendly reminder that this is my wanted thread and Vaghag has replied to me.

I'm afraid I have first dibs on this and I'm gonna take it.

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Philstrm250

Hi Phil,

I think in this case it was just a timing thing as Chris replied to two wanted threads. But basically the general etiquette is that if someone has a wanted post and an item is offered, then that person has first refusal. If its not taken then it back on as fair game.

It's tricky when offered in two threads though so no bad feelings at all mate.

I've let Chris know when I can meet him to collect (weekend of 28th), if that doesn't work for him then its fair game for you mate as I won't be able to collect from him again for a good few weeks after that.

Cheers

Ron

On my part I hope I didn't cause any friction by replying to both wanted ads.

Pm sent to you Ron. Cheers, Chris.