Benjevw

Vr6 distributor removal

Hi guys

How do you remove a distributor?

I've undone the two hex bolts but doesn't seem to want to come off !

I've tryed pulling it and levering it off but I don't want to force it.

Cheers

Ben

have you taken the cam cover off, from memory you need to as the distributor drive shaft has a shoulder on it.

I remember a few months back helping a m8 swap his over to my old one, had the same problem but it either just pulled out or twisted out? cant quite remember but we deffo didn't remove the cam cover or inlet manifold or anything like that, getting it back in how ever it needs to locate on a lug i think and only goes on one way , sorry I cant be of anymore use , hopefully someone will clarify

have you taken the cam cover off, from memory you need to as the distributor drive shaft has a shoulder on it.

I haven't tryed it with it off yet but I'm at a point where I can so ill try that :) cheers

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I remember a few months back helping a m8 swap his over to my old one, had the same problem but it either just pulled out or twisted out? cant quite remember but we deffo didn't remove the cam cover or inlet manifold or anything like that, getting it back in how ever it needs to locate on a lug i think and only goes on one way , sorry I cant be of anymore use , hopefully someone will clarify

I've only really tried pulling, did twist it a little but didnt feel like it wanted to go..

Cheers for the advice mate

Much appreciated :)

Cheers

its a couple of years ago but i definitely had resistance and didn't want to force it, swear blind there's something that prevents its removal either within the chain cover/ or head.

similar problem/ thread here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=31881

Sweet!! Cheers aide:)

ill pop that off tomorrow and start taking the chains off :)

Mine certainly goes off and on with everything else still in place, even the valve cover. It should be tight though; there's an o-ring around the body that keeps it snug.

Hi guys

Turns out there is just an o-ring keeping it snug in the timing cover.

No need to remove the rocker, well not on my 93' VR anyway

Cheers

Ben