G60radoboi

Car won't idle now

So got the valver almost 6 months ago now. It has run like a dream after I poured roughly another 2K into get it into an acceptable state. Last week-end I go to ECP to get some oil. On my way home stop at Tesco and when I got back in the car it fires up and then after 3 seconds dies! Tried a few more times and same thing every time. So common issues discovered appear to be the following:

a) Fuel pump - Does prime and when I checked the line it feeds fuel through when priming but not too sure if it is delivering after that. Will confirm next week-end when a mate assists me.

b) Apparently an issue with the fuel transfer pump or something - advised to add more fuel as it suffers with this at 1/4 tank or less. Put 10 litres in and still nothing.

c) Battery too low - Will be testing this along with the voltage readings to the fuel pump next week-end.

Also changing air filter, fuel filter, plugs, leads, dizzy and rotor.

Is there anything else I need to look at?

Does your car have a factory fitted immobiliser do you know? Have you tried using another key to start it? If it does have a factory immobiliser then it's possible the contacts need cleaning. Is it a G60 you have?

yeah it does. Just tried the spare key and still does the same. Now my battery has also run flat :-( That's me till next Sunday unfortunately.

Got her running!! Can anyone explain to me how the hell the fuse for the sunroof and spoiler blowing is the cause of the car not being able to start???!!! Put a new fuse in and bang she started no problem. Took the fuse out and nothing. Replace it again and bang she starts.

Got her running!! Can anyone explain to me how the hell the fuse for the sunroof and spoiler blowing is the cause of the car not being able to start???!!! Put a new fuse in and bang she started no problem. Took the fuse out and nothing. Replace it again and bang she starts.

fuse powers the immoby or at some point someone has cross wired your fuse box

stu

Anything is possible stu mate. I am just glad she is running now. Had the bloody ABS light come on too but it appears it was a dodgy fuse connection somewhere. I am slowly now switching out all the old original fuses for new blade ones and it seems to have sorted the ABS light.