Danny Ess

which seats fit straight in from other models?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section, i've tried a search but it just brings up every single item about seats in build threads etc.

I'm going buying a corrado (finally) today but it has the standard cloth seats in it. Ideally i want some recaros to upgrade it a little but i know the corrado recaros are going to have abit of a premium on them. So what other makes of VW fit straight in with no messing around? I'm looking at the mk2 golf, mk3 golf recaro style seats. So do they just fit straight in or will bases need to be modded?

mk1/2 golf fit straight in, mk3 seat rails need to be moved by cutting and re welding, imho don't waste your money and time with seats from other models, I fitted mk3 golf leather front seats and it completely changed the way the car felt for the worse, took away the sporty low feel , not to mention my head was almost touching the roof liner! the corrado seats are lower then your normal seats so fitting any other seat is like sitting on a booster seat!,

It's down to the individual , but I have to agree, I put porker 911's in mine , but went back to corrado leathers a year later . They were very heavy as well .