VEEDUBBED

Large spade connectors...

Allrite guys, Time's come to renew the awful, crusty wiring fitted onto our cars during their production run.

I'm needing a load of those large female spade connectors that clamp the red 12v+ feed wires that feed the fuse box, the ones that have a locating tab and also red insulation cover.

Does anyone know where i can get them from, their size and if they are available from the stealers??

Cheers.

I was about to write, "Halfords", but I don't suppose there's a branch in Rome.......I expect your VAG Partner will be happy to oblige, at a ridiculous price no doubt. Or maybe he'll try to sell you a complete new wiring loom.

Best wishes

RB

Vehicle Wiring Products Ltd - 0115 930 5454

They deliver internationally. Crappy website but I ordered £50 of products and they arrived promptly.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php

I picked up loads of OE style spade connectors for when I re-vamped my headlight loom. I bought the OE, unique connectors with the tab which fit in the original headlight plugs so I'm sure you'll find what you need.

It will be a case of unplugging what you need on your original loom, removing the original spade from the plug casing then measure the connector size and match it up on the website. Generally speaking you'll re-use your original plug casing.

Edited by P3rks

Another +1 for VWP, they've been consistently excellent for me and are really helpful on the phone. Grab a reel of their loom tape while you're ordering from them, it's really good!

Stone