Alan h

Bonrath power roar

Does anyone no the size of the pipe that connects it to the throttle body as have just bought 1 and there's no pipe with it or as someone maybe got one they can sell me by any chance

Cant remember if it was around 76 / 78mm mark as you need to take into account the difference in size on the throttle body depending if your obd1 or obd2

Mine is obd1 Pete I have found a place that does like samco style hoses for various items so just needed to no the size

---------- Post added at 4:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:48 PM ----------

Just looked on there site and they do 76mm and then next 1 is 80mm

I thought the point of the Power Rohr was that it was a simple swap for the original part, so used the original rubber ends? :shrug: The idea was that it's got much thinner walls than the standard plastic part and so has a bigger internal diameter allowing some more air in through it... (oh, and it that added a bit of "bling" to the bay! :lol: )

Just so people don't get wrong idea of what I'm needing in the image it's the rubber pipe that sits on either end I just need it for the throttle body size as I bought the power rohr off eBay today with no pipe

758df8ec7c800348b7db75d5261f1abf.jpg

I have a draft 42 unit that's the same sort of thing its off the car and the rubbers are 76 mm, I'm in Rotherham aswell so you could come round and check if you like

I thought the point of the Power Rohr was that it was a simple swap for the original part, so used the original rubber ends? :shrug:

There aren't any 'original rubber ends', those ones come with the Power Rohr. Either you have a (later) plastic inlet elbow with corrugations around the corners and a flat spot to allow a jubilee clip to fit around it, or you have an early inlet elbow which are rubber throughout.

76mm is about right, I believe it's actually specified as 3". So long as it fits over the MAF and throttle body there's no need to get too hung up on it!

Stone

I have a draft 42 unit that's the same sort of thing its off the car and the rubbers are 76 mm, I'm in Rotherham aswell so you could come round and check if you like

That's brilliant soon as it arrives through post I will pop round

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

There aren't any 'original rubber ends', those ones come with the Power Rohr. Either you have a (later) plastic inlet elbow with corrugations around the corners and a flat spot to allow a jubilee clip to fit around it, or you have an early inlet elbow which are rubber throughout.

76mm is about right, I believe it's actually specified as 3". So long as it fits over the MAF and throttle body there's no need to get too hung up on it!

Stone

Thanks for your help mate and mine is the plastic pipe so hopefully now will be able to get the pipe sorted

It's a bit of a faff making it fit on the TB with the samco hose, be prepared for lots of swearing lol

Stone

AH! VR6, not 8V/16V! Sorry, grabbed the wrong end of the stick pretty firmly there! :lol:

It's a bit of a faff making it fit on the TB with the samco hose, be prepared for lots of swearing lol

This is the style hose that I had found Pete

e67f7e3634c55f6d6a3c087c86772aa1.jpg

Excuse the the dirty bay (its been sorted lol) but this is how mine fits

IMAG1560_zps9bb2a834.jpg

Which that looks fine to me if I can get mine to fit like that what area of Rotherham you from

Ah right only ten mins away, if you want and they fit you can have the black rubbers for a fiver they have never been used only for the mock up but I'm changing them for blue ones, you could even bring it and fit it, but you would need some big jubilee clips

Yeah if they fit I will have them then I think I might have some jubilee clips off olf turbo tips and things will avto have a look around should be next week at latest it arrives