hulk hogan123

sunroof tilt snapped, repair or replace?

how do guys, i'm sure its been asked before, searched but failed!

So the tilt doofer has snapped on the C, do i buy a second hand mech or can i just replace the part that is snapped?

You will be able to replace just the parts that have snapped. It's about the same amount of work either way considering you will have to remove the headlining and sunroof cassette.

Remember to grease it up thoroughly afterwards!

Even if you buy a second hand unit, you could be in the same position in twelve months time. Take the opportunity to strip down the unit and re-grease the runners/cables.

I clean mine with petrol. Wash it all down with hot water and fairy liquid. Then finish it off with a buttering of lithium based grease. Done three like this now and they work ten times better than before.

Allow yourself a full day to do this.

hi people while on the subject of sunroofs i had mine disconected this afternoon both electrically and mechanically.as a result it now slides very slowly but does not tilt where as before it tilted but did not slide what have i done wrong any ideas

awesome, i'm guessing its dealer or tps for parts?

As far as I can remember, the sunroof cassette is only available as a complete unit. So may be worthwhile buying a complete unit, refurbing it, replacing the one you have and keeping the original one for spares.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

hi people while on the subject of sunroofs i had mine disconected this afternoon both electrically and mechanically.as a result it now slides very slowly but does not tilt where as before it tilted but did not slide what have i done wrong any ideas

Remove the motor from the mechanism (but not the power supply) and check that if runs freely. If it doesn't, then it's the motor. If it does, then it's the sunroof cassette.

There is. You leave the motor connected to the loom but not bolted to the frame, then operate the full closure. The motor will then move to the park position.

RE greasing, only use VAG grease or this stuff which is specifically for sunroofs - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-3312-Silicon-Grease-Clear/dp/B00295DBQE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1372673573&sr=8-10&keywords=silicone+grease

The reason for this special grease is it stops the delicate black anodised layer wearing off. This was very weak / thin in Corrado roofs and every one I've seen where it's worn off has been very slow and the plastic feet on the water plate guides over heat and start binding.