eugopnosaj

Snapped CV joint

As I said earlier I've never seen one sheer like that and as you're sure it was fitted correctly then I think Euro have to take some responsibility for it...

I'd be demanding at least a full refund plus the parts needed to fix the can - I think you should threaten them with taking it further and also push for the part to be sent back to the manufacturer for analysis - that's is who they should be claiming off!

Ah, thought I'd ask at the garage yesterday Jason, no surprise at all when I showed them your sheared cv end, they won't fit any of the cheap stuff from ECP any more because of similar failures, not very helpful after the event I know, but from time to time I ask about the sort of things they get back and the sort of things that are fine. The general consensus was fit a mid price part and avoid the cheapest option.

Problem for most non-franchised garages is that most customers simply want their car fixed for the cheapest price, putting pressure on the factors to source the cheapest options possible, there's big competition to supply cheap parts. JS in Stony actually got enough 'credits' from one factor from parts supplied for them to give them a new 4 post ramp for free! and they spend half the day fending off factor reps!

As I said earlier I've never seen one sheer like that and as you're sure it was fitted correctly then I think Euro have to take some responsibility for it...

I'd be demanding at least a full refund plus the parts needed to fix the can - I think you should threaten them with taking it further and also push for the part to be sent back to the manufacturer for analysis - that's is who they should be claiming off!

I did and they didn't care. I wanted the upgrade and they wouldn't do it so I said I wanted a refund, the part to be sent back and that i'd be taking it higher. The part should have been sent back (highly unlikely) and with everything happening with my insurance claim I haven't had a chance to sit down and draft a letter.