Tigerfish

288 front conversion hoses

I've been trawling through various posts on here to try and figure out what hoses I would need to complete a 288 caliper/carrier/disc conversion. The problem is, nearly all threads end with ex-member swampy saying he can do them, and the info then stops. Having no intention of dealing any further with swampy, can anyone point me in the direction of what hoses I would need, ebay link(s) or other links would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Have a look at C and R, they do full sets of braided hoses with the conversion or standard hoses. I know it's a ball ache but if you fit braided lines to the front only, you will put more stress on the other rubber flexi hoses as the braided lines resist swelling of the rubber hoses. If you leave the rear 4 rubber hoses, then the swelling you reduced in the front hoses will just transfer to the rear hoses.

Click

​Good lines, I have them myself.

From what I recall, it wasn't difficult to get the hoses and I just used the standard ones (Standard depending on what car they came from).

I had a MK3 setup so I used the standard MK3 288mm hoses for a banjo connection. If you have a banjo connection, also invest at least in new washers.

If you're going for braided, you'll need to get the late MK3 GTI/VR6 front hoses and the Corrado/MK2 back hoses (assuming you have kept the Corrado calipers)

Thanks for the replies. So basically, the car end of the hoses are the same for all, it is only the caliper end that varies?.

I have goodrich braided hoses to go on the standard VR rear brakes, and bought some braided lines from swampy for the standard front brakes. Having read some of the issues with swampy's hoses, and incorrect banjos etc, they seem to just be dustbin fodder. Having said that, I want to go for the 288 front setup anyway, so those hoses are no use anyway.