Gareth79

How am Igoing to find my G60?

Hi all, well I've spent a while now looking for my new girlfriend and im pretty sure ive settled on a G60 but and this is where it goes a bit wonky..... im not to sure what to look out for and what to avoid?

I dont think i want an untouched car but I dont want someones half baked project thats going to die half way home...

I've found one I like but im green and im not to sure, it had a Ps2 in the glovebox, not my thing!! My usual stunt would be to rush in and then think about it once its to late!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Gareth

Take your time , otherwise the inevitable will happen and you could end up with a right mare . Gut instinct is usually right , if your not happy then walk away . Don't get me wrong there are cars out there that will have things wrong with them , in fact all but the most looked after to death will . But there is a difference between, owners who have the parts to fix the nigley bits , but have not the time and just fallen out of love with their car and those that try to cover it up . Again gut instinct will usually be right , ie you can tell by the sellers attitude . You say you are a bit green , we all were at the start , if and when you find one that's ticks the boxes , take someone along who knows their cars for a second opinion . My mate who sold me my car six years ago has always been into dubs and still went along with an AA bloke to check it before he parted with any dough . Use the search on here to find the usual suspects / problems etc

Rob

It says that a deposit has already been taken?

Didn't know that mate it is a cracker might still be worth giving Jack a PM to see what's going on with it.

---------- Post added at 7:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:57 PM ----------

Take your time , otherwise the inevitable will happen and you could end up with a right mare . Gut instinct is usually right , if your not happy then walk away . Don't get me wrong there are cars out there that will have things wrong with them , in fact all but the most looked after to death will . But there is a difference between, owners who have the parts to fix the nigley bits , but have not the time and just fallen out of love with their car and those that try to cover it up . Again gut instinct will usually be right , ie you can tell by the sellers attitude . You say you are a bit green , we all were at the start , if and when you find one that's ticks the boxes , take someone along who knows their cars for a second opinion . My mate who sold me my car six years ago has always been into dubs and still went along with an AA bloke to check it before he parted with any dough . Use the search on here to find the usual suspects / problems etc

Rob

Very good advice you have to go all over these make sure everything is right before committing to anything make that clear at the start and stick to it it is a buyer's market just now.

Thanks for the advice guys will keep it all in mind. There sure is a lot of distance between me and some of them!

You will have to travel to get the right one they are getting rather thin on the ground now good G60's.

Don't let the distance bother you , there are people on this forum who have travelled a long way to find the right car . When you find the car you want and are over the moon with it , you will be pleased you waited and the train fare 400 miles up north or where ever you got it won't matter . Happy hunting !

As clumpy says g60s are getting hard to find , I would love to have a nugget .

Edited by robrado974

I wouldn't mind Kip's nugget not a G60 but absolutely minty mint a true testament to the guy's dedication to the corrado and a really nice guy to boot!!

Its funny cos the first thing i did in this forum was check the cars out, found a few G60s that i liked the look of and a lot of Vr6's that i thought looked really good. Then I decided to ask via my first post.. Just read through an old thread as advised! "Vr6 vs G60". Very interesting and I think I could be swayed towards a Vr.

I'm going to have to re think and look at what's out there.

Thanks again for the advice, could be lots more question!!

Thanks for the input, been reading lots of old threads and all very interesting. Especially G60 vs Vr6, I think I'm going to hold fire and start looking at some Vr6's. after reading other people's opinion on both. I think possibly I should start with a Vr and see where that leads me but if the right G60 pops up.. Who knows!